3rd Jul 2006, 11:55
Hey guys check out this thread.....interesting.:hmm:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2857216/

sixmilehighclub
3rd Jul 2006, 12:04
Hilarious.

Was he auditioning for Pam Ann?

:}

Seriously though. Everyone is human, everyone has their off days, most humans sometimes allow their private life or temper to spill over into their work.

If he acts like this on every flight, he would have been pulled up by now. Other staff and passengers would have complained or said something and he wouldnt be allowed to continue in this manner.

He should have realised he was doing it but it sounds like he cracked, hence he walked away in the end.

Cabin crew are expected to be polite, helpful, courteous, attentive, patient and professional at all times. They put on a show basically. No person can honestly say they can keep that up at all times.

I do feel sorry for the passengers involved, and his colleagues, but be open minded, feel sorry for the crew member, something else may have been going on that day. That passenger could have been causing him problems before the meals were being handed out, who knows.

He probably got home and cried into his glass of wine.

It doesn't look good but you shouldnt judge without the full story.

QRCC2B
3rd Jul 2006, 13:30
On two of my recent flights with BA I came across two female cabin crew members who behaved strangely for their roles.

On the first leg, the woman kept on sighing through the eight hour flight and obviously she didn't want to be there. She seemed to be very bothered... also when she was collecting the meal trays after the meal service she refused to take my neighbouring passenger's tray as she had re-organised it too much. Her comment to the passenger was "I'm not taking that plate. It has to go in the way it came out. Maybe it's procedure not to take them if they are re-organised?

As for the second leg, one of the females seemed to be more interested in speaking on the interphone rather than saying good bye to the passengers during disembarking.

QRCC2B

OzzieO
3rd Jul 2006, 17:27
Oh dear another BA cabin crew bashing topic. Its all getting a tad bit boring now.

aw8565
3rd Jul 2006, 17:38
The other day I was on a Ryanair flight, right and..........

flybywire
3rd Jul 2006, 18:32
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA:E :E :E :D :D :D

I personally always receive such good comments on my flights and when people have something to moan about I listen to them and offer solutions/alternatives. One solution is to formally complain to Willie. Fill in a customer comment card and take it from there. If it is because of an individual then it's easily solved. If it is because of service/check-in/delays etc. then their comments can help management realise that something is not quite right.

I can understand the need of ppruners to vent out their frustration after an unpleasant experience, but this sounds just like another typical BA bashing topic that is neither good nor informative for pprune and its readers. :=

TightSlot
3rd Jul 2006, 20:08
Agreed

:uhoh: