PDA

View Full Version : You have mail

Heliport
3rd Jul 2006, 09:20
I regularly get requests from people who've sent PMs/emails to other members and got no response asking me if I can make contact on their behalf. (3 this weekend.)

PM boxes:
Please would you check now and again to see if you have a message.
You need to log in to check your mailbox.
If you have, it will say so under your name in the grey box at the top right of the screen.

Mailbox capacity isn't enormous. It's best to delete old/unwanted messages or new messages will bounce.

Emails:
Is your current email address the one you used when registering with PPRuNe?

If it isn't, you won't receive emails via PPRuNe nor notification that you've received a PM.
Please notify the change to [email protected]

If I could pass on messages asking people to check their PMs/emails I would, but I can't. I have the same PMs/emails facilities as everyone else so, if you can't get through, nor can I.

Thanks

Heliport http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/Rotorheads/HeliportSmiley.gif

cl12pv2s
4th Jul 2006, 03:20
I can't remember (its been so long since I got a PM) but is there function on this board that will pop-up a dialogue box to notify of unread PMs? If not, is this possible?

As for the email, well I suppose there's nothing that can be done about that!

cl12pv2s

Whirlygig
4th Jul 2006, 06:59
There's no pop-up box but, when you have an unread PM, there will be a big black bold 1 in the top right hand corner where it says Welcome ..... you last visited etc, and Private Messages.

Yer can't miss 'em!

Cheers

Whirls

headsethair
4th Jul 2006, 07:17
Heliport: I am trying to reply to a PM from Flying Lawyer - but cannot get my reply accepted because the system says his message box is full. So how do we get around that one ???

Flying Lawyer
4th Jul 2006, 09:29
headsethair
It should get through now. This thread has prompted me to clear out some old messages.

If it doesn't: flyinglawyer @ aviationlaw.co.uk

A tip -

Unless you need to keep copies of messages you send, uncheck the 'Save copy in Sent folder' option.
The mailboxes aren't huge and fill up twice as quickly if that option is checked.

Tudor

Heliport
21st Aug 2006, 19:36
Passing on requests from various members to -

EESDL
Flingingwings
Head Turner
Headsethair
Hughes500
Letsby Avenue
tbc
Thud & Blunder
Unusual Attitude
VeeAny
What Limits
Wizzard
Woolf

You have mail.
Please check your Emails and PM boxes.

*** Email = the email address you used when you registered with PPRuNe.

Heliport

Gerhardt
22nd Aug 2006, 00:43
what, no messages for me? Not even one?

Brilliant Stuff
22nd Aug 2006, 08:28
:} :} :} :} :} :}

What Limits
22nd Aug 2006, 20:10
Cleared my inbox today although there has been space for a while. Can you put me in touch please O great wise one.

Thud_and_Blunder
23rd Aug 2006, 21:04
:\
Like What Limits, my mailbox shows considerable capacity (17/40 unused) - is there a glass ceiling to contents? I'll go back through the various witty tomes and have at them with the Ppruning kit...

Ta for bringing it to my attention, though. :)

Heliport
23rd Aug 2006, 21:27
T_and_B

Strange. :confused:

I've sent you a PM now.
Let me know if you get it.

H.