PDA

View Full Version : 1st Class Medical 12:45 appointment

rziola
3rd Jul 2006, 08:35
Good Day chaps,

Does anyone here know how long the medical takes in the afternoon? I have booked a 12:45 appointment and hope to be finished to take my return flight at 17:25, what do you think?

femaleWannabe
3rd Jul 2006, 09:33
I have mine this week at 12.45 too. I've heard it can take anything from 2 hours to the whole half day, it depends how many people they have to get through. I've booked my flight back at 7 to be on the safe side... To make a 17.25 flight, you'd have to check in about 16.30, which I think may be cutting it a bit fine.

captwannabe
3rd Jul 2006, 10:24
You shouldn't have any problems time-wise. They are very well organised and don't waste any time. If you think you're cutting it fine, I'm sure they'd help you out. You can get a free bus from the terminal to the CAA and back which runs very frequently. Use the opportunity to talk with the other pilots!

Good luck :ok:

femaleWannabe
3rd Jul 2006, 19:34
Just read my piece of paper from CAA again and it says to allow 180 mins for the medical. So that should mean theyre done with you by 15.45.... just depends how long it takes to get back to the airport and what time check in closes!

BigGrecian
3rd Jul 2006, 23:12
You can get a free bus from the terminal to the CAA and back which runs very frequently.

In March I waited over 45 mintues at the designated area at the South terminal with no sign of any bus at all. Ended up just posting the applications (Great that was about £5 from the terminal to Aviation house :mad: ) because I was flying out and had to proceed to the gate. Saying that I'm sure the price increases in January have led to a far more reliable bus service.:}

Eddie_Crane
4th Jul 2006, 23:57
Did mine in May this year. 1245 slot.
Was out by 1530.

chrisbl
5th Jul 2006, 07:56
should be no problem. I took the train from Staines to Gatwick for a 12.45 and was back in staines before 17.30 having a cup of tea at home.