PDA

View Full Version : NAC's attitude to tax

Rand$
3rd Jul 2006, 06:11
Has anyone else encountered the bullsh#t attitude towards getting their tax papers out of NAC ?

I am dissapointed and disgusted at the fact that IRP 5 / IT3A 's are not yet available from these guys. The lady promising the goods from the contract office has absolulutely zero people skills. She is so rude when approached about the forms that you wonder if they'll ever get printed at all ! I was told to aply for a tax exstention if I was so worried about my papers being on time. I do say madam....

Surely a large company like NAC with their major backing would have a system in place to get tax return papers to their employee's with plenty time to spare and avoid any embaresment ???!!!

rand$
and cents.

Fliterisk
3rd Jul 2006, 06:33
Here's a little tip for you: If you lodge a complaint with SARS they will take up the issue on your behalf. Not only that they will make a concerted effort to find out the reasons why its taken so long. My guess is NAC wouldnt want SARS knocking on the door. Would you?

Perhaps you should suggest this to her and see what her reaction is then.:ok:

Phenomenon
3rd Jul 2006, 06:45
It's not just NAC. Had the same problem with ET as well... It's just amazing the lack of people skills in some people who you would expect to have a lot of it... they are afterall HR!?! :}

GULF69
3rd Jul 2006, 08:30
Not that I have ANY time for NAC, but the reason for the delay in the forms is because of the break-in they had (as far as i know). The computer server was totally destroyed, and numerous computers were stolen. LOTS of information lost.

Putcodrvr
3rd Jul 2006, 10:22
:ugh:
Rand$
When did you request your IT3/IRP5? I presume these are the tax papers ur referring to? Is your financial yearend also end of Feb?
Or is it due to your neglect that you are now sh**ting urself because of the 14 July deadline?
Why haven't you or your tax advisor (like all good tax advisors have already done!) applied for an extension?
:{ If you have an issue with how ur spoken to, why don't you go and speak to the person face to face?

Surely a large company like NAC with their major backing would have a system in place to get tax return papers to their employee's with plenty time to spare and avoid any embaresment ???!!!
1. Tax returns is the Individual tax payer's responsibility.
2. Show me the company that has all the IT3's/IRP5's posted by end of March?

Lastly, if you feel you have a case and all the facts on hand to back your claim, why don't you contact the CEO, Fin Director, Ops Director, Operations Manager and Paymaster (BTW she's actually the responsible person that produces the IT3/IRP5!)??
:}

bianchi
3rd Jul 2006, 12:54
In my short 20 years flying commercially,I have not come across a company that can supply you with an IRP 5 on time.:bored: So I suppose NAC is just like all other companies (worked for them 15 years ago myself)

Have fun waiting !! (this year I am waiting again-- like the last 20 years. Ps: You get used to it)

Bainchi !!!

putt for dough
3rd Jul 2006, 14:02
Rand$

In your case the easiest for you would be to apply
for a tax extension. go to www.sars.gov.za and apply
online.Remember to do this before 14th July.

Good luck, am busy with mine now, can be done by yourself
just takes a little time;)

oompilot
3rd Jul 2006, 17:02
Putcodrvr, why should Rand$ have to fight face to face with inefficient office workers. The IRP5 belongs to him and should be given to him. There should be no reason why he should have to apply for an extension and pay an extra cost to his tax adviser. Is NAC hiding something?:=

Cessnafan
3rd Jul 2006, 22:32
I got an IRP5 from NAC about a month ago no hassles. I didnt even ask for it, just arrived in the post

Rand$
4th Jul 2006, 07:21
PUTCO...seems I got the hairs on your neck raised ?

Allow me to answer you. I started this process of trying to get my tax papers from NAC in Jan already. Yes my tax year did end at the end of Feb and I wanted to submit soon after that as I usually do being thed good tax payer and all.
In all the months that have past until now I have made many visits to NAC and have in turn spoken to the Fin manager; who incedently now works in the contracts division. I have also seen the lady with the bad atttude on numerous occasions face to face to no avail. Also saw the Ops Director, one RL, who has now moved on. And finally even saw the paymaster who seemed very sweet when she got out from all the papers on top of her. But still nothing.

Short of going in there with guns blazing I really am stuck for any other way (apart from PPRUNE of course) to get the inefficiencies of NAC to produce a tax form for me more than a week before the ultimate deadline.
I did consider going to see MB and HS, but I guess there isn't much the CEO and Fin Director can do now to make things happen any quicker.

Finally, as Oom says, why the hell should I apply for an exstention for their inefficiencies ?????
What is interesting is the tax advisor says we could go ahead and submit with out the company paperwork and provide a letter to SARS explaining why. They would then ask NAC for proof of the paperwork and the date it was posted or handed to me. If SARS don't like what they see, they can fine the company.

Interesting but you know those NAC okes are quite lekka and I woudlnt want to fart in their office like that...yet.

still wanna have your neck so far out PUTCO ?

Rand$
and cents.