PDA

View Full Version : EK F/O pay

340-200
2nd Jul 2006, 19:51
hello every body, just recived an email for an interview for f/o position.
i've lots of bad stuff about EK. but i care most about the money. can anybody plz tell me how much does the f/o on A330 and 777 makes. besides the salary on 80 hrs average.... thanx.

2nd Jul 2006, 23:54
Basic salary:(2 years seniority)20200Dhs-equals to 5200USD...:{

ShockWave
3rd Jul 2006, 06:57
If all you are interested in, is the F/O money! then don't bother with the interview.
EK is primarily a package deal. Married pilots with kids essentially earn a lot more money and get a better standard of accomodation. etc.

You will never be satisfied with how much you earn anywhere, that's one thing we generally all have in common. It is all one big trade off! The middle eastern way is to offer you this much $$$ and you then agree to do this job for that much $$$. Then you do more for them or offer discounts or they refuse to pay . Ek is fortunately not quite that bad. It is deffinately a land of give and take though.

Please come and join us, by all means, but come for a good reason (what ever that may be), not the money. The money simply won't be enough to keep you happy or here long enough to make it worth while.

If you can't see the big picture then read more of the threads here and decide from there. Good luck!

340-200
5th Jul 2006, 17:07
thank you so much guys. specially shockwave. you really said the right words.
good luck all

piloton
5th Jul 2006, 23:15
Hello guys, I work for an airline very close to you,I'm an FOand they told me that upgrade will happen in maybe 10 years, is that the same case at EK??...thank you

inverter
7th Jul 2006, 12:01
so if u only care for $$$ then u r heading in the right direction. u will make enough money 2 fill ur SUV & go for BBQ on days off, while jumeirah jane goes to lime tree with others!! hv u seen the Ek site for the f/o package at least! the Airline is wonderful, plenty of nice flights and the management is very supportive too!!!!!!!

Storm chaser
8th Jul 2006, 04:31
How is the initial training on the 777 at EK? Has anyone been through it lately? Are the TRIs a good group of guys?

ShockWave
8th Jul 2006, 05:47
Upgrades will depend on your experience, but on average it will occure at 3.5 years. It has been that way for the past 8 years or so and must continue that way to crew the aircraft on order, even with the occasional batch of DECs.
The training dept in general is very good, full of guys who are there to help and train you. However you may hear the odd horror story.

Ghostflyer
8th Jul 2006, 07:30
Past performance is not an indicator of future performance. Isn't that what the financial advisers say?

The bus now has 3 year F/Os that do not have an upgrade in sight, yet 'accelerated' guys have been released to do transition upgrades on the 777. The reason given is that they need MFF F/Os on the 340. Sadly, 7 of the 8 accelerated guys are MFF qualified so that reason was bull****. The 'bypassed' guys do not even have an idea of when a future course might start.

Why am I telling you this? The FOM, explicitly states that 3 year guys will be given upgrades ahead of accelerated guys. Shockwave says 'depending on your experience', 3.5 years. What he should really say is that the great leader is prepared to blow off the FOM at a whim and no one really has any idea how long an upgrade will take next week, let alone in 3 years time.

EK is only different in one respect from more established carriers. In most legacy carriers you know the rules of the game when you sign up. At EK they change the rules to manage the latest self induced crisis.

fatbus
8th Jul 2006, 09:37
fact .bypassed guys on course now and in Aug

cerbus
8th Jul 2006, 09:58
Some bypassed pilots may be on course but not all are because I am not on a course nor do I have a course date.
Can we all agree what the company did was complete BS?

ShockWave
9th Jul 2006, 06:44
BS certainly, but you have to admit that EK are good at getting the job done, and making money. This is the reason the company is successful, and the reason why we all have jobs, and the reason why all F/Os will be offered a
command opportunity in a short period.
You can't have it both ways!
If you want stabillity and rules that can't be changed or ignored then you have chosen the wrong career and certainly the wrong airline. The very fact that EK has the flexibillity to do these things is the reason that it can expand and adapt at the rate that it does, and then by default provide the opportunities to it's staff that it does.
I have found that the only thing for certain in my career is the fact that there is always some one else who is better off than me. ie. gets his upgrade earlier, gets a better roster, gets his leave when he whants it, has more money, drives a better car, has a better looking girl friend etc etc.

The fact that you are not kept in the loop by the company may be because they just don't know what is going to change next, and the fact that you have not been given an upgrade course does not mean that it won't start next month.
If you make it to 4 or 5 years without an upgrade then people might start giving a damm.

outofsynch
9th Jul 2006, 08:38
Airline managements world wide are changing the rules for employees without consultation. Having a union only allows the chance to fight this after the fact..... just a security blanket.

Bring on the pilot shortage!

moon_towers
10th Jul 2006, 04:01
Shockwave,

Just wanna know if you could give some ideas about the estimation time from they called you and the Invitation to get the Interview,any feedback from others too will be much appreciated.

Cheers,:cool: