PDA

View Full Version : I-mate Jamin or K-jam

2nd Jul 2006, 14:59
Looking for a new mobile phone/pda and the I-mate Jamin and K-Jam look like good options. Does anyone have any experience with these or should I rather be looking at something else?
Thanks

Background Noise
11th Feb 2007, 15:43
There are a lot of versions of the same phone - they are all made by HTC. I have the slightly previous version marketed as MDA compact II by T-mobile. Its pretty good as a pda and mobile - Jamin has better camera and wifi.
There's a newer version with all that and bulit in GPS antenna which various providers do with various satnav software. The original HTC 3300 apparently ships with tomtom6. You need to shop around - T-mobile do the phone but wihout satnav or wifi enabled. O2 do a version called xda orbit i think with copilot satnav. xda orbit (https://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/O2/Xda_Orbit_-_Sat_Nav)

batninth
11th Feb 2007, 16:44
The JAMin & K-JAM are both pretty robust but I think they are coming to the end of their life soon. We're just replacing our base of JAMs & JAMins (under their O2 guise) with the new Orbit (aka HTC P3300) which is much smaller & more efficient on battery use.

If you need something the size of the k-Jam, take a look at the HTC S620 too.

Flying Lawyer
11th Feb 2007, 17:29
There are a lot of versions of the same phone - they are all made by HTC.

None of the current I-Mate models are made by HTC.

FL