PDA

View Full Version : BA Crew/Dodgy NY Hotel.

bushbolox
1st Jul 2006, 11:04
I read an article yesterday that some BA crew were on a disciplinary for not turning in for a JFK/LHR citing fatigue after staying in an alleged flea pit/ whore house on a layover. Other crews reported not to have issues or at least turned in sparking the action by the managers. Anyone heard anything.Its a jolly good rumour.:hmm:

EI-CFC
1st Jul 2006, 23:49
I read an article yesterday that some BA crew were on a disciplinary for not turning in for a JFK/LHR citing fatigue after staying in an alleged flea pit/ whore house on a layover. Other crews reported not to have issues or at least turned in sparking the action by the managers. Anyone heard anything.Its a jolly good rumour.:hmm:

I think it was due to irregular ops at JFK which meant that flights were all over the place. The crew is question was sent to a hotel which wasn't the normal one, and turned out to be quite dubious. As they felt they hadn't got sufficient rest they would not operate the flight. On face value, it seems a fair enough desicion!

bushbolox
2nd Jul 2006, 05:54
It would seem the management think differently.

BTSM
3rd Jul 2006, 20:57
Purser involved is apparently a known trouble causer/rabble rouser.

OzzieO
3rd Jul 2006, 21:04
Can I remind you all that you cannot hide behind posts made on here. Becareful what you say/imply.

FloridaCandle
3rd Jul 2006, 21:16
I think it was due to irregular ops at JFK which meant that flights were all over the place. The crew is question was sent to a hotel which wasn't the normal one, and turned out to be quite dubious. As they felt they hadn't got sufficient rest they would not operate the flight. On face value, it seems a fair enough desicion!
I understand the place they were put in was the Diplomat Motor Inn in Long Island. The website probably tells you all you need to know! :oh: :rolleyes: http://www.dmimotel.com/

EI-CFC
3rd Jul 2006, 23:27
Looks classy..think I'll put it on my wish list!

apaddyinuk
4th Jul 2006, 09:29
Well I have flown with two of the crew members involved and by all sounds of things, it was a very awful situation that they were placed in and the two I spoke to are certainly NOT troublemaker types!!!

Just remember all of you before you start bashing BA for this. Your company will be watching the outcome of this and WILL use it against any of you should you be in a situation similiar where you need to go Fatigue. Unfortunatly BA management have forgotten that to claim fatigue is not something we do because we had a few too many pints the night before BUT a very last resort in the event that there was no way for us to get adequate rest in order to operate a flight safely.

Get behind the JFK 6 everyone. It is in your own best interest, especially to those of you in the UK.

BTSM
5th Jul 2006, 12:30
Someone on the BALPA BA forum is reporting that the hotel are considering legal action against BASSA for libel.

angels
5th Jul 2006, 12:38
So please tread very carefully folks. This is an interesting thread, but we don't want more lawyers sending letters to Danny!

Da Dog
5th Jul 2006, 13:39
Is my understanding after talking to BASSA rep that BTSM info is correct with regard to one of the persons involved.