PDA

View Full Version : Hotels FSI Paris

cambioso
1st Jul 2006, 07:55
Am off to FSI Paris end of August for one month (!!).
I've got the FSI list of hotels......
Any recomendations (or ones to avoid)?
I will have a hire car apparently.
Thanks,
All the best

Camb.

LGW Vulture
1st Jul 2006, 08:34
The nearest to FSI is the Kyriad Prestige ex. Bleu Marine - a mere 5 minute walk away. Not too nice and if you require a drink at the bar, well it ain't that easy put it like that!! I've stayed there so often in fact I have a soft spot for the place...........God I feel dirty after saying that!!! :ugh:

Other than that, the Hyatt at CDG I can recommend but you will have to commute through the traffic every time and its a bit pricey. Any other ideas anyone?

FlyMD
1st Jul 2006, 08:43
Avoid the Kyriad Prestige. Although it is the closest one to FSI, it's pretty crappy, and unsafe to leave the hotel after dark!!

The "hotel village" about 15 minutes aways is Roissy, where most hotels give FSI the same deal: about 115 Euros per night, including a bus ride to/from FSI, so you don't have to hire a car if you do not want to.

The best in my opinion is the Courtyard Roissy (often full though), alternatively the Millenium or the Dorint. All pretty much the same.

180 Too Fower
1st Jul 2006, 09:52
We always stay at the Kyriad Prestige...but last week I finally could take no more and have requested the Novotel which is nicer apparently and Signature will take us there by crew transport.

I could think of nothing more depressing than staying at the Kyriad whilst doing a rating at FSI. Agree with LGW Vulture....getting a beer can be tiresome.:}

His dudeness
1st Jul 2006, 10:05
Quote.
I could think of nothing more depressing than staying at the Kyriad whilst doing a rating at FSI.

agreed by 100%.

But thats true for all of Le Bourget, IMO.
There are quite a few good hotels towards CDG, requiring a rental car - which is a good idea to have anyhow. Forget the little towns name, but you pass Gonesse (where the Conc crashed) and then its maybe 3 klicks to go...
Ask FSI. They know what place I mean.

Daifly
1st Jul 2006, 12:38
Blue Marine is foul... (by any name!). Had a dinner there once and was cautioned against taking a step outside of the building until the taxi arrived in the small hours.

Courtyard at Roissy is excellent, I still can't quite work out why it's not just a standard Marriott, rather than a Courtyard. Other than it has a shop where you can buy food.

pilotbear
1st Jul 2006, 12:58
Have tried them all and definately prefer Hyatt Regency. Nice hotel and nice restaurant.:)

cambioso
1st Jul 2006, 17:58
Great replies and advice guys....thanks.
Has anyone stayed at the Sofitel? I only ask because I have a Card (how pathetic!).
Yours,

Camb.

Green Cactus
2nd Jul 2006, 07:35
Stayed at the sofitel previous FSI recurrent, it's an old hotel by now and in the middle of the airport: meaning nothing in the immediate area.
According to FSI they operate a shuttle to LBG, not according to the hotel.....
And one of my frequent complaints in hotels no windows you can open.
Try the courtyard it's the better hotel.
GC

cambioso
3rd Jul 2006, 13:48
Looks like it's the Hyatt Roissy then.........

Thanks again guys,

Camb.

ComJam
6th Jul 2006, 22:27
have a look at the Millenium in Roissy as well, lots of crew usually. My companies used it for years.

issi noho
6th Jul 2006, 22:55
The Dorint is better than the 2 previous mentioned Roissy hotels I would stay there in a flsh if my company would pay.