PDA

View Full Version : Time for another nasty letter at EK

ernestkgann
30th Jun 2006, 18:59
The Skytrax survey for 2006 is out and EK seem to have gone backwards in most categories.
EK falls from 3rd to 5th overall and Qatar takes the award for best airline Middle East. The cabin crew don't get a mention in the top 5 and economy class falls to 5th from 2nd. Mr Miller is the marketing man for Skytrax and his comment's were,
"Emirates has been a consistent Top 5 performer in the Best Economy Class Awards, slipping back this year from 2nd place in 2005. Excelling in categories such as inflight entertainment, well ranked for onboard catering, survey feedback largely points to the lack of service consistency experienced by Economy class customers. As an airline established around an ethos of very high quality, it would seem the dramatic expansion that Emirates is experiencing has moved the focus away from some of the basic aspects of passenger satisfaction."
I wonder if the fil will drop and the lads in the headshed will start realising that if they thought about looking after their staff they may see some improvement, although the success of Qatar could well disprove this theory. I'd say we're in for another nasty letter.
Here's a link to the survey http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards-2006/Yclass.htm

EK Pilot
30th Jun 2006, 20:54
if they thought about looking after their staff they may see some improvement

If only, if only.....:(

goofy76
30th Jun 2006, 22:14
I doubt they would send out another letter after they have big posters all around CBC thanking us for winning Best Cabin Crew from Business Traveller ME.

SpootNICK
1st Jul 2006, 07:37
Profitability is propotional to customers satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is proportional to crew morale.
Crew morale is proportional to Company attitude towards them.

And so, until such time the company (and perhaps a few SVP's with brass balls) decide to change things radically, Ek will continue its gradual decline in customer satisfaction. Which should eventually have a negative effect on the Big Bosses wallet. :eek:

I'm setting sail, greener pastures await. EK have been a means to an end, but now I am ready to move on.

SN

1st Jul 2006, 08:43
I'm setting sail, greener pastures await. EK have been a means to an end, but now I am ready to move on.

Everybody keep saying the same thing..... but how many have actually resigned?:confused:

chinawladi
1st Jul 2006, 09:13
Well, we constantly believe that the correlation of treatment of employees with
the product they deliver is known and considered by management. Wrong. Someone
brought up QR and this is the best example of archaic management by fear. Look
around the middle east and you'll have a hard time finding another system. It
generally works for a few years, especially during expansion as there is the
career-carrot at the end of the stick. After some time there's only the stick
left over and that's when the reverse effect sets in. GF went through this and
demonstrated tragically what the outcome might be. EK is in this reverse process
right now. We will first endure more silly threat-letters, if it doesn't work
we will get pathetic and imploring ones to "work as one team", to "stick together
in this crisis", to "buckle up in this tunnel and help our visionary managers"
and the promise to receive the reward for our increased efforts in a very distant
and hazy future blah blah blah blah...........
However the employees have heard it all before, are completely disillusioned and
couldn't care less. All well inbred by management and unfortunately irreversable.
Other ME airlines will follow down the same drain, it seems people around here are
immune to a learning process, and start-ups will replace them with the same outcome
as they will be founded and run by the very same people all over. Just look at EY!
The only beneficiary will be the competition, if the big european airlines
or even the ones from the subcontinent can get their act together. I would
fear the HKG-Chinese more though. But then again, they are just airlines run by airline
mangers and, worse, more and more by HR wannabees, who by the way will be all
locals in a few months around here .........

1st Jul 2006, 13:31
if they thought about looking after their staff they may see some improvement
The only letters I've recieved is the ones on new policies regarding maternity leave for cabin crew and medical coverage for spouse & children of cabin crew. So maybe..... they have actually heard something of what we have been saying since last century. :D :D not holding my breath as there is sure to be a catch ... this is the Mid East after all.

ernestkgann
1st Jul 2006, 16:02
Excellent. That is a positive then.

Yossarian
1st Jul 2006, 20:25
Yeah, and blah still equals blah, blah, blah blah.

No number of rules or agreements equals squat without the actual desire to actually follow through or enforce.

ShockWave
3rd Jul 2006, 07:25
What greener pastures?
Did you finally buy a sheep farm or something?