PDA

View Full Version : flying with stitches?

tugtishu
30th Jun 2006, 18:25
Anyone know if a person is allowed to fly with sutures(stitches) whilst operating in a flight crew or cabin crew capacity?:} or

Mac the Knife
30th Jun 2006, 19:14
I guess that might depend on whether it was two tiny stitches on the back from a mole removal or 32 large sutures on the chest from a coronary artery bypass....

:D

tugtishu
30th Jun 2006, 20:17
8 on face !

Old Smokey
1st Jul 2006, 01:47
I would think that 8 stitches on your face comes down to a TEMPORARY disfigurement issue, and it's up to your employer's discretion (and your own good judgement) as to when your healing is "visually acceptable" to the travelling public.

I once had a temporary facial disfigurement problem after an accident, and although fit enough to return to work, my appearance was even more horrible than my normal level of ugliness. The company solved it very amicably by putting me on a night freight roster for the month or so that the healing process took to complete.:} No complaints at all from the freight.:ok:

Regards,

Old Smokey

Oh that's super!
1st Jul 2006, 11:15
I once had a temporary facial disfigurement problem after an accident, and although fit enough to return to work, my appearance was even more horrible than my normal level of ugliness. The company solved it very amicably by putting me on a night freight roster for the month or so that the healing process took to complete.:} No complaints at all from the freight.:ok:

Hahaha, brilliant! I wish all companies were that go-minded and 'thinking'! :}

Mac the Knife
1st Jul 2006, 18:08
And then again it could be

8 big horse sutures in a 5" hack slammed in by a country GP
OR
8 tiny six-ought sutures put into a 2cm excision by a plastic surgeon.

Why do people always gauge wounds by the number of stitches???

:ok:

Old Smokey
11th Jul 2006, 17:22
Why do people always gauge wounds by the number of stitches???
:ok:

It's a macho 'battle scar' thing Mac!

Regards,

Old Smokey

driftedcheesehehe
10th Aug 2006, 16:55
dont know if i win then, 117 staples, in 5 locations.

drifted

Spitoon
11th Aug 2006, 15:25
Glasgow kiss, driftedcheesehehe?????

driftedcheesehehe
11th Aug 2006, 17:01
more glasgow idiot in a ford focus hurtling towards me.

drifted