PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to CPP interview on 7/11?

bokingwen
30th Jun 2006, 14:25
I know me and Lamt88 is anyone else?

jynt
1st Jul 2006, 04:22
i wish i could join you guys but unfortunately i didn't make the first interview this time round. i'm really happy for you though. i hope it goes well :ok:

do you mind sharing what you put down as your experiences that would assist you in becoming a pilot?

mvalencia
1st Jul 2006, 05:36
I have a interview after you. Is there any way you can please email me some of the questions you guys were asked? [email protected]
What are you doing to prepare yourself for the technical test? DO you have any gouge?
Please help me out as much as you can.

Good Luck,
THanks.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowspirited
1st Jul 2006, 06:13
how long after? :E

bokingwen
2nd Jul 2006, 06:06
After the interview I will give you guys an update to see how it goes.

bokingwen
2nd Jul 2006, 06:07
i wish i could join you guys but unfortunately i didn't make the first interview this time round. i'm really happy for you though. i hope it goes well :ok:

do you mind sharing what you put down as your experiences that would assist you in becoming a pilot?

I am a system adminstation I in charge over 300 servers and the entire company depends on it. I just related what I do at work to a pilot.

cdwcdw
2nd Jul 2006, 16:16
Did you get informed by phone about the interview?
When were you informed about the interview date?
Is it the initial testing?

thanks

lamt88
3rd Jul 2006, 13:25
well welll...we will definitely share our interview experience.
I am kind of nervous..you know..I am just 18 and I have absolutely NO JOB INTERVIEW EXP AT ALL.
I will try my best and see how it goes!
Good luck.
July11...soon..
I got informed by E-mail within 1 month after they received my application.
E-mail ..probably because I was studying in Canada. I just came back to Hong Kong =) so hot..

jynt
3rd Jul 2006, 17:54
lamt88 is 18, as is another forum user who got invited for the interview. bokingwen - may i ask how old you are?

bokingwen
3rd Jul 2006, 20:59
lamt88 is 18, as is another forum user who got invited for the interview. bokingwen - may i ask how old you are?

I am old.....27 and all the communication between me and CX is via Emails, althought they did give me a number to call I perfer email because I will have written record for everything.

One great example I am 27 (soon to be 28) and lmt88 is 18 going on the same day for the interview. They might just take the young and stronge one...kekekek :}

jynt
4th Jul 2006, 03:44
I am old.....27 and all the communication between me and CX is via Emails, althought they did give me a number to call I perfer email because I will have written record for everything.

One great example I am 27 (soon to be 28) and lmt88 is 18 going on the same day for the interview. They might just take the young and stronge one...kekekek :}

that's encouraging to know that they decided to give you an interview. have you been a sys admin all this time? did you give a reason for why you suddenly want to go into aviation after so long?

good luck with the interview!

bokingwen
4th Jul 2006, 21:54
Yes I have always been a sys admin i just wrote on the application that i want to work in a field where i can develop my career and I worte that the air industry is a growing industry etc. etc.

jynt
14th Jul 2006, 04:20
hey guys.... please share how your first interview went. i'm dying to hear how it was like! hope it was a success!

benedictz
14th Jul 2006, 05:07
it seems like they are all missing for four days now, me too wanted to know, please update soon....

flaps.what
14th Jul 2006, 06:05
Hi jynt,

I don't have my CPP interview on 7/11 but I did mind about one and a half months ago. So, maybe I can share my experience here.

I was interviewed by two pilots, one is a second officer in Airbus and the other one is the first officer in 744. Basically the interview was just a general chat, mixed with a little bit of technical questions. Before it started, they gave me the run down for the interview. Then they asked me about what I'm doing now, and why I'm doing it. Next, they asked me questions regarding to my experiences in university and work. i.e. Why did you choose your major? Was it your first choice? Do you prefer programming or study theories? They also asked me to tell them three of my weaknesses and strengths. What movies / books I like. What will you do if you are failed / succeeded? What is the role for SO? And yes, they asked me why I don't go to flying school. I honestly told them I contacted three flying schools around my area but I couldn't afford the cost whilst I was in university.

For the technical side, the toughest question I found is: If you are the manager of Cathay, what will you do to benefit the company? I told them I'll introduce the 4D approach system (should be 4D immersive virtual reality system!) that I heard from Discovery channel which will save the cost of the company whilst it also enchance the safety level. Then they asked me how about to scrape off the paint on the a/c. Then I answered it will save the fuel for the company because the weight of the a/c is reduced, same for the thrust. I also told them one of a CX a/c (742F) done this, hopefully this will give them a good impression for me.

Lastly, they asked me about Adelaide, and which a/c is in the aerobatic catagory there.

This is about it; nothing too complicate. I think I did ok and I did impress the interviewers. The interview was quite relax and both pilots are very professional. It is a good experience for me indeed :). I hope I can do well in the coming stage two!

Good luck!

f.w.

benedictz
14th Jul 2006, 07:14
thanks for the update, all the best to all.

m3e46
19th Jul 2006, 06:51
hi flap.what, how long did you wait before they call you for 2nd interview. I am waiting for their response now. should i give cx a call? has been almost 2 weeks. thx. good luck with stage 2.

Sam

jynt
19th Jul 2006, 07:54
sam - some people went to the july 11th first interview and got called back for the second interview on the 27th, so i guess you tend to be notified somewhat quickly after making the 1st interview.

flaps.what
19th Jul 2006, 09:07
hi flap.what, how long did you wait before they call you for 2nd interview. I am waiting for their response now. should i give cx a call? has been almost 2 weeks. thx. good luck with stage 2.

Sam

I waited a little more than a month to receive the call. I guess you applied as local cadet right? Don't worry. I believe you will receive the call soon. Good luck ! :)

f.w.