PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry TC and TRE JQ

badhairday
30th Jun 2006, 09:00
If you have been offered a TC or TRE contract with JQ I would like to share thoughts. I have and don't really like it. Send me a private message.

Capt Fathom
30th Jun 2006, 11:13
Didn't realise we had adopted the category of 'TRE' here in Australia! :rolleyes:

Clive
1st Jul 2006, 04:24
TRI, TRE ..... IP even (a training Captain is someone under training for a Command position in most countries).

All categories we may need to adpot in OZ.

In fact there a a lot of concepts we may need to get used to.

Like it or not, Oz aviation is being dragged (kicking and screaming it seems from many of the 'posts' on this site) into the globalised world of aviation.

Fight it :ugh: OR hold on tight and go along for the ride!! :eek:

Capn Bloggs
1st Jul 2006, 06:06
Oh how DARE we be different.

Clive
1st Jul 2006, 09:56
I rest my case :rolleyes:

Keg
1st Jul 2006, 10:20
If we're going to be 'dragged' into the globalised world ( :rolleyes: ) then how about you actually provide an explanation about what the terms mean! :rolleyes: :ugh:

Clive
1st Jul 2006, 13:13
Sorry Keg,

You're right. I was assuming knowledge when I shouldn't. Once these terms are used in everyday speech they become mindlessly common, just as ILS, DME, PAPI etc.

TRI - Type rated instructor.
TRE - Type rated Examiner.
IP - Instructor Pilot (same as TRI but used at local airline level).

Watchdog
1st Jul 2006, 13:35
Clive,
hate to burst your bubble....but actually, a Captain under training is a "Trainee Captain" not a Training Captain, and the R in TRI/TRE I (and Airbus) always understood as being "Rating" not "Rated" ? Maybe Boeing is different?

http://www.content.airbusworld.com/SITES/Customer_services/html/acrobat/brochure_tri.pdf

Clive
1st Jul 2006, 13:45
No arguments from me watchdog. Always happy to have bubbles burst for a good discussion.

"Rated" for the "R" in TRE/TRI is used more in Asia however I do understand "Rating" is used in Europe.

Agian I agree with your statement on the various names for a pilot under command training. "Trainee Captain" in Europe (in my experience) and "Training Captain" in Asia (again in my experience) - just a function of the poor use of English grammar.

Try asking for a job in Asia with "training Captain" in your resume and you'll see what I mean. Much confusion.

404 Titan
1st Jul 2006, 13:57
Clive

I’m not sure where you have got your info but where I work in Asia, the term “Training Captain” and “Trainee Captain” are exactly what they say they are. The Training Captain trains the Trainee Captain.

badhairday
1st Jul 2006, 20:00
Look, the purpose of this post was to discuss the JQ contract. Not how much you guys know or don't know about Training and Checking in the world outside. So please save it for somewhere else!

Capt Basil Brush
2nd Jul 2006, 00:01
badhairday, why dont you stop beating around the bush, and tell us what you dont like about it!

Otherwise your wasting peoples time.

Watchdog
2nd Jul 2006, 05:56
badhairday,

if in the contract you expected any more than low pay and lots of work, and 'do it yourself' then you were misled. It would be a big shock if you are coming from a non LCC. If you want to PM me, I could answer a few questions for you from my experiences when I was there.