PDA

View Full Version : How do you answer this qestion: Why do you want to be a pilot?

bokingwen
29th Jun 2006, 05:15
Just want to know how you guys answer this question. I wish I can just answer this question with this answer "I want to be a pilot becuase I like to fly." but I don't think this will be enough for an interview. I don't want to answer this question with too much BS either ex. because i enjoy the freedom of flying in the sky, I can help people etc, etc.

Any feedback will be greatly appericate!

Thanks

flaps340
30th Jun 2006, 01:22
One way to follow up this statement would be quoting some practical examples to prove you like to fly. In my case, I come with sharing my experience of what I have realised on my first time as an aircraft passenger 10yrs before.

"I want to be a pilot becuase I like to fly."

extreme P
30th Jun 2006, 04:57
I saw TopGun? ;)

Left Wing
30th Jun 2006, 05:19
I want to become a pilot since childhood...ever since i saw the 747 take off it just excited so much..and when i first saw a cockpit i was amazed and wanted to know every thing about it.

Becoming a pilot will give me a great career and job staisfaction. I hope to wokr hard and become a good Capt one day.

say this word for word and mean it..be excited when talk about it..learn every thing you can about CX fleet.:ok:

Flyboy_01
30th Jun 2006, 06:27
No other job could satisfy me more than becoming a pilot, wanted to do something I can do for the rest of my life (seriously :}).

Howard Hughes
30th Jun 2006, 11:05
There are as may answers to this question as there are pilots. Please don't say what someone else has told you.

I think the key is just be honest, say what is in your heart and really show that you are keen.:ok:

PS: Of course I am just in it for the money and the chicks!!;)

Cronus
30th Jun 2006, 11:35
The interview is about you, pretty obvious, but the more you can show your personality, get up and go and enthusiasm the better. As HH said, be original. It is hard.

Why do you like to fly? For me, I can't remember when it occured to me I wanted to be a pilot, it's always just been there. What used to get me out of bed every morning was the airport itself, the aluminium, the crosswind, the challenges, flying around with the door open at 10 000' watching skydivers exit.

My advice, put a lot of time and energy into the personal side of the interview. Don't script answers, instead let a question trigger a response for which you have a couple of points which you can then talk about.

Get pumped for the interview and just think about why you could never do anything else by aviate for a job.

Sorry if the above is rambling...

Regards,
Cronus

bokingwen
30th Jun 2006, 14:03
Thanks guys, after interviewing for the last few months for my new job. I am not very nervous about the CPP interview I learned how to prepare and what kind of question to be expected. I just want to see how people ask this question.