PDA

View Full Version : Cabin crew

fourplay
28th Jun 2006, 15:14
Just landed in Colombia for a while looking for work as a cabin manager after escaping the sand pit.

Anyone know of a carrier in the region that may take on an non spanish speaking funny little kangaroo?

I guess chances are slim however no harm in asking.
if anyone knows it would be you guys.

with thanks. :) :) :)

Fulkrum
28th Jun 2006, 23:45
Phoned Avianca a couple of months ago, they said they'll be recruiting during late JUNE and JULY.

Good luck to you....

fourplay
29th Jun 2006, 23:52
Many thanks for the reply.
Friend I am staying with here has a cousin at Avianca who is in very senior management, could get assistance if requested.
Have not bothered as I thought Spanish would be required without exception?

I like the airline, replacing 767s soon or at least placing an order I heard this week.

Fulkrum
30th Jun 2006, 01:16
Greetings there!!!
You're right, the spanish req. seems to be a norm. So do you like Colombia??? I heard it's beautiful, except for the current political situation and crime.

Take care, enjoy your stay in Colombia!!

Fulkrum

Dr_Vandenburg
1st Jul 2006, 01:25
Forget what you have heard and read about Colombia.
I can only talk for Bogata its great, very cosmopolitan and fairly safe.
There are security and military everywhere!
It is some country areas that tourists need to avoid due to guerrilla activity.

Fulkrum
1st Jul 2006, 15:23
I might be heading that way in August, I guess I blend in with the crowd quite well LOL, I thank you for the advice. Have you tried "Bandeja Paisa" or a "Cerveza Aguila"???

What is the exchange rate like???

Let me know man...

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fulkrum
2nd Jul 2006, 17:09
Meant to ask you....

Are they more receptive to foreigners then other countries in Latin America???

Fulkrum
3rd Jul 2006, 02:55
I think I'm gonna give it a try and take my paperwork to Avianca's HQ. I've been to Venezuela previously and was impressed with the quality of people you find in those countries, and you're absolutely right about the women... If you wanted to find an ugly one you'll have to look real hard!!!! LOL.

Anyway.... Best regards to you and thanks for the info!!!