PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet recruitment

mgTF
28th Jun 2006, 11:31
Hi guys, Is there some one who has already done and maybe passed the recruitment process in easy?

What do they ask in each single test?
Specially in the interview and in the multiple choiche questionnaire?
is it similar to atpl question?
Suggestion on where and what to study to be best trained?

thank you all

potatowings
16th Aug 2006, 19:27
Hi All, first time posting in rumours and news.

Just a quick question about Easyjets' requirements.

I know their website is quite specific about their recuitment requirements, however I was wondering if what's stated on their website reflects reality. I've heard several rumours through my 'home grown grape vine' that people are entering as SFO with much lower hours than was once the case.

What sort of hous are people entering as DIRECT entry F/O's and SFO's?

I'm not interested in the TRSS if that's still going on, but if you guys want to throw some of that into the mix for the benefit of others, then please feel free.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers :ok:

Happy Landings

giorgino
17th Aug 2006, 18:15
Hellothere!!

just passed Easy's workshop for direct entries Fo's.

TTL 2400 hours,B737-300/400 1900 hours.

Hope that helps!!!!

MrBernoulli
19th Aug 2006, 19:51
Last year (yes, things change, I know) when I went through the easyJet process I had well over 6000 hrs including over 2000 hrs on 4-jets, and command of same. They offerered me a job on the Airbus ...... as TRSS. Hmmmm. :suspect:

Needless to say I went elsewhere.

GoldenMonkey
20th Aug 2006, 19:19
When entering as a direct entry First officer, your SFO/FO status is determined purely on your license status.

Senior First Officer (SFO) within easyJet means a First Officer with full ATPL (i.e. 1500 hours + other ticked boxes getting the Green Book)

First Officer (FO) is with Frozen ATPL. (Blue Book!!)

ICING AOA
21st Aug 2006, 00:44
SFO means also 3 stripes !
FO.. Only 2 :{

Aussie
21st Aug 2006, 01:16
Only 2 stripes? Ohhh no!!!!! :{ :{

Aussie

21st Aug 2006, 08:53
2 stripes, 3 stripes...who gives a monkey's - I'd be more upset about the 8 grand less pay!

:{

Wing_Bound_Vortex
21st Aug 2006, 17:02
Hours requirements are to change quite soon, watch this space. They're going to become much more reasonable, after the debacle we've had this year!

WBV

SmilingKnifed
21st Aug 2006, 17:12
It'd be nice if they also updated the recruitment website to reflect this!

rduarte
21st Aug 2006, 17:57
I received this e-mail from EZY.:confused:

"Dear Richard,

Thank you for your recent application for the role of Pilot.

Unfortunately, following careful consideration, your application will not be progressed further on this occasion.

We realise that this will come as a disappointment, but should you wish to reapply, we would ask that you wait 6 months before doing so.

Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback.

Thank you once again for your interest in easyJet and we wish you every success in the future.

Best Regards,

easyJet Flight Crew Recruitment " :mad:

I am ATPL-A JAA and I fly wide bodies all over the world !!!!

fred peck
21st Aug 2006, 18:47
"I am ATPL-A JAA and I fly wide bodies all over the world !!!!"

So??

potatowings
21st Aug 2006, 20:27
Fred, what I think rduarte is saying is that he's oviously got some experience which he, like I would have suspected would have been of interest to easyjet, even if it's not the high frquency work they perform.

What I find interesting is the lack of consitency in the easyjet recruitment front.

I've heard rumours that there would be a new easy recruitment site up and running by now with revised details, does anyone have any news on this or what it will entail and when it will be launched?

As always,

Happy Flying

ICING AOA
21st Aug 2006, 21:36
Hours requirements are to change quite soon, watch this space. They're going to become much more reasonable

well, 500 hours total is already more than reasonable :confused:

Bad Robot
21st Aug 2006, 22:10
Are Airbus rated guys joining having to do a Sim Assesment on the 737 still? Or are there no Airbus rated guys applying?

BR.

glidealive
21st Aug 2006, 22:30
Hi guys

Do you think the requirements would become reasonable enough to include guys from the corporate world?

GI

Wing_Bound_Vortex
22nd Aug 2006, 00:12
Icing AOA,

Sorry i possibly didn't make myself clear, but with EasyJet taking so many low hours guys at the mo, ( 200 ish FAtpl or no previous jet time, i.e no where near their "standard" 500 hrs) the requirements for guys not coming through CTC will be changing to reflect the current recruitment drive as it sems to be at the mo.

WBV

rduarte
22nd Aug 2006, 00:14
"I am ATPL-A JAA and I fly wide bodies all over the world !!!!"
So??

I guess I will be a better choice for EZY than the cadets.:hmm:

CaptainProp
22nd Aug 2006, 07:55
Are Airbus rated guys joining having to do a Sim Assesment on the 737 still? Or are there no Airbus rated guys applying?

BR.

Yes, at the moment they have to get on the 737 for the sim check...As I understand it this is now under "investigation" as it is a bit nonsense... Also heard that the sim check may be scraped in the future for 737 guys with certain amount of experience on type....
/CP

BusBoy
22nd Aug 2006, 07:56
BadRobot
yep, even if you have all your time on Airbus, have never flown a Boeing and want to go on the Airbus fleet you will still have to do the sim ride on the 737!
You certainly won't be the 1st or last

CaptainProp
22nd Aug 2006, 08:07
Hi guys
Do you think the requirements would become reasonable enough to include guys from the corporate world?
GI

You may already ahev a chance, maybe not....That is the problem, as I have said here before, NO ONE knows what it is that gives you an interview or not... Just look at the guys posting here! You have people with 3-6000 hours getting fobbed of, while turbo prop guys with 1500 hrs get the job....

Just apply and see what happens!
Good luck to you all!:ok:
/CP

Bad Robot
22nd Aug 2006, 10:10
Thanks for the info guys. It looks like I will have to dust off the 737 pitch and power settings then.

BR.

ICING AOA
22nd Aug 2006, 13:12
500 hrs multi crew - means no Cherokees, Arrows, Senecas, 172's, 152's etc...but more likely ie. Saab340, Shorts360, Be1900 etc...real airliner environment, which means at least 6-12 months involvement in the industry flying IFR commercial routes.
I don't think many rookie pilots do have 500hrs on those, therefore It is reasonable, but It is not at the same time...

Yes, if you have no experience at all you still can go to easyjet via CTC.
For the rest, even with at least 500 hours Jar25 , easyjet has more applicants than available vacancies.

Coppi
22nd Aug 2006, 13:13
My guess would be that they judge each applicant based on individual facts like current airline, total flight time, age, aircraft types flown, routes flown, etc. to figure out his/her profile and then see if it fits their needs.:hmm:

CaptainProp
22nd Aug 2006, 22:26
Nice thought, but I think its more simple then that!

"What are we going for today?? Well, ask the can to spit out all guys with...lets say turbo prop experience and 1200 hrs or more. Ok, here we go...How many? 200.. Ok call the 5 first guys and bin the rest" :p :p

Thats what me thinks! :ok:

/CP

Odlix
23rd Aug 2006, 16:42
Anyone checked the new requirements?

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Jobs/Pilot/

Does it mean the only requirement for rated pilots is 50h on type? Or do they still need 500h multi-crew?

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 18:04
You need to have only 50 H on type.

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 18:13
You need to have only 50 H on type.

You are wrong !

You still need at least 500 hours on medium or Heavy jet ! (turboprop hours are not considered, light jet hours neither) !!

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 18:21
:confused: :confused: :confused:

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 18:34
You just need to read carefully their website :}

"Direct Entry Pilot" !.. it allows you to be hired directly on top of F/O scale.

Le sok
23rd Aug 2006, 18:40
What does the term "Fast-track Command" cover?

LS

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 18:49
What does the term "Fast-track Command" cover?

You start as an First officer, BUT very rapidly you will get the command (because you already have the hours)!

Hogbergs
23rd Aug 2006, 19:20
When you fill in the application form it clearly states that you (if typerated B737, A320) only need 50 hours on type... if not typerated 500hours of multicrew something is required

Jetavia
23rd Aug 2006, 20:07
Anyone know if they have erased application profiles older than 6 months lately?.. cannot login to update my details..

ICING AOA
23rd Aug 2006, 20:16
Well, it would be great for those guys who bought a TR somewhere without having any previous experience in a multicrew cockpit, but however on their requierements page it is clearly written that you need 500 hours minimum on medium/heavy jet prior to fill in the online application form :rolleyes:

What would be the point for easyjet to take on those guys holding a TR with no hours (50 hours is like having no hours at all) bearing in mind that the company has its own TRTO (CTC). It takes only 4 weeks to train a guy with all the easyjet SOPs, etc.
Moreover, easyjet earns money with TRSS and Cadets guys !..
In that case, all the guys coming from regional airlines will buy a cheap TR somewhere and go to Easyjet with the best F/O salary and not being bonded for 5 years (TRSS scheme)...
So I really doubt about it ! :=

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 20:17
When you fill in the application form it clearly states that you (if typerated B737, A320) only need 50 hours on type... if not typerated 500hours of multicrew something is required

I have understood the same.:ok:

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 20:22

I told you that before.:{

Jannik23
23rd Aug 2006, 20:39
If they have so many experienced applicants with hundreds of jet hrs - why would they lower the requirements ?

They must be desperate for pilots otherwise a pretty stupid move.

Jannik

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 20:57

Read again and you ll see the raison.:mad:

rduarte
23rd Aug 2006, 21:02
I received this e-mail from EZY.:confused:
"Dear Richard,
Thank you for your recent application for the role of Pilot.
Unfortunately, following careful consideration, your application will not be progressed further on this occasion.
We realise that this will come as a disappointment, but should you wish to reapply, we would ask that you wait 6 months before doing so.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback.
Thank you once again for your interest in easyJet and we wish you every success in the future.
Best Regards,
easyJet Flight Crew Recruitment " :mad:
I am ATPL-A JAA and I fly wide bodies all over the world !!!!

Read this too.:*

abfgh
24th Aug 2006, 08:22
studi.....what's wrong with your current employment?

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 09:37
And what is top F/O pay scale? I think there is only one pay scale for direct entry F/O's, or do you go straight onto SFO basic pay?

I think the difference is about £ 9 K

Crossunder
24th Aug 2006, 09:45
If they have so many experienced applicants with hundreds of jet hrs - why would they lower the requirements ?
They must be desperate for pilots otherwise a pretty stupid move.
Jannik
Hm. Because flying hours does not necessarily equal skill/experience? Jet hours isn't exactly a guarantee for success, you know... :hmm:
Or it could be that they don't believe that the person in question will fit the company pilot profile, is too old, live in the wrong part of the country/world and they don't think he/she is REALLY going to relocate, etc etc etc. They've cancel a lot of flights due to crew shortage, so I don't think they're flipping these guys off for the fun of it? :)

abfgh
24th Aug 2006, 13:39
When talking about TOP FO payscale it could only mean you go straight onto SFO pay, even as an FO, or you do have 100% salary from the beginning, and not 90% during the first 6 month. Neither of this I found on the homepage, so I guess paywise nothing has changed.

NonTRSS with full ATPL, pays SFO wages, 90% during first 6months.
Non TRSS with frozen ATPL, pats FO wages, 90% during first 6months.

5/3/5/4 for UK AOC only.

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 19:02
5/3/5/4 for UK AOC only.

what do you mean by UK AOC only ? :confused:

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 19:26
oooh I see !! thanx !:ok:

Tubbs
24th Aug 2006, 19:53
I heard a rumour from a friend of an EZ bloke who'd heard from a mgmt pilot (yes I know it's tenuous) that the TRSS scheme will be shelved in the not-too-distant future, with a more conventional/less pocket spanking bond-ish thing in its place. Comments?

Capt Cook
25th Aug 2006, 17:54
Hi guys
Can any of you shed any light on the assessment day 1 with easy that I'm supposed to be in the holding pool for at the moment? I've tried searching, and all of that sort of clever stuff but nobody actually answers the question. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers:ok:

Bad Robot
26th Aug 2006, 19:04
The New Info on their Web Site is still not clear.
Is the TRSS now only for inexperienced guys just straight out of the Training Schools or if you did a rating else where (Alteon,l CAE or GECAT)and have loads of hours (a few thousand) on other Jets will they still put you back on the FULL course again?:{

BR.