PDA

View Full Version : NTAMS Pilots

Low Cost Carrier
28th Jun 2006, 10:16
Just wondering how many aircraft and pilots Pearl has at each of the 3 bases serving the NTAMS contract.

Cheers
LCC :ok:

Capt Claret
28th Jun 2006, 12:18
In my day ('94/'95) it was one a/c and three pilots in each of GV & TN, on call 0600-1800 or 1800-0600. DN had more pilots & a/c, covering similar shifts plus clinic runs plus regular and ad-hoc CHTR.

Dr Phil
28th Jun 2006, 14:04
We used to have some good parties back then Claret.... I remember the day you turned up to one with "BELLS ON".... pity that was all you had on.... Sorry... that was a nasty flashback... NTAMS (Skywest Aviation) used to have the King Airs and the Nomads then.....2 totally different aircraft expected to do the same job... It kept it interesting .... Good job for a family man / woman...:ok:

tinpis
28th Jun 2006, 20:51
used to have the King Airs and the Nomads then.....2 totally different aircraft expected to do the same job... It kept it interesting .... Good job for a family man / woman...

Pfffffftttt!!...you should have been there when it was Nomads only :yuk:

Capt Claret
29th Jun 2006, 00:44
Dr Phil

Yikes, you remember thaat! :eek:

Tin

Were you there when it was only Gonads? If so, did you know Rob MacAdam?

tinpis
29th Jun 2006, 01:48
Clarry
Yes and...
no.
I was there when the wife of a well known proon member who posts under his own name was the top honcho nursey lady

Cheers
TP

E&H
29th Jun 2006, 06:51
Clarry, I still remember going out to the car and finding your messages stuck to the car windscreen after night shift - don't miss those all nighters!!

Remembering the golden rule about flares I was told by a wise old Check Captain - if the flares are flickering more than normal its one of three things,

- the wind is a lot stronger on the ground
- its raining hard - OR the one that always kept the ol' sphincter muscle tightened,
- you are too low and your line of sight is through tree tops -

'whoop whoop pull up pull up'

never give in, never give in, and never give in

Desert Duck
29th Jun 2006, 06:55
I remember when NTAMS operated Doves - just before they downgraded -
to the Nomads.

tinpis
29th Jun 2006, 07:07
Ill never forget a black as a horse guts night approach into a delighful:yuk: community not that far from Wadeye.
The only light that could be arranged was Slim Dustys visiting band boys lighting the strip with a couple of 4WDs headlights.

I couldnt be persuaded to do anything near that dumb again.

If you have looked through a Gomad windscreen on even a normally lit airstrip you will know what I mean.

Possibly the biggest POS ever foisted onto the Australian aviation scene?

E&H
29th Jun 2006, 07:32
Yeah, I used to love flying along in cruise - hitting a bit of turbulence and then having the control column start to move in and out of its own accord - gradually getting worse...'stick pumping' we used to call it...next the tail would fall off.
The flight sisters finally managed to get rid of the POS by saying that they had a duty of care to provide the patient with the best care possible and that couldn't be done if the aircraft they were flying in was about to fall out of the sky.

morno
29th Jun 2006, 10:42
That 'stick pumping' sounds much like the autopilot in a certain Chieftain I did some time on previously, :bored:. It gave me the S:mad:T's!!

What sort of time does Pearl want for their Aeromed these days just out of interest??

morno