PDA

View Full Version : Conquest Gear Trouble at YOOM

disco_air
28th Jun 2006, 10:06
Heard on ML CEN and CTAF out in the desert of SA of a conquest inbound for YOOM with gear trouble, heard it landed ok... any other news/rumours/facts?:confused:

..Disco

gaunty
28th Jun 2006, 11:50
As long as he did his preflight properly, the blow down bottle was full and he did his emergency gear down checklist properly and pulled the gear CB before he pulled the handle its almost impossible for it not to go down, short of a serious mechanical failure.

Pass-A-Frozo
28th Jun 2006, 12:14
heard a rumour of a guy pulling the emergency gear extension handle in something like a PC-9.. he was left holding a handle.. :} apparently the gear still came down though.. they just recommended people didn't pull it so hard

tinpis
29th Jun 2006, 01:57
Awww.... I dunno Gaunty I have heard they have trouble if the blow down bottle is not full and the emergency gear down checklist not done properly and the gear CB not pulled before he pulled the handle .:hmm:

Sods law is that......

gaunty
29th Jun 2006, 02:15
tinpis

Wot I said.:ok:

The number of pilots who can't RTFC simply amazes me. Maybe its a comprehension problem readin ritin 'n rithmetic aint the same as when we was tackers, you know.:{

Or mebbe some smartarse CP has writ his own version for posterity:ugh:

Even had a CAA FOI try to fail me IR for not putting flap out on TO in a C402C at Mangalore, "all aircraft need flap for take off" :rolleyes:

Desert Flower
30th Jun 2006, 04:18
Disco, perhaps you'd like to fill us in on your own adventures when you eventually get back to Portagutta! ;)
DF.

Continental-520
30th Jun 2006, 04:40
Yes....there's a smidgen of irony to this... :)

OpsNormal
30th Jun 2006, 08:38
With lots of people watching....;)

Desert Flower
30th Jun 2006, 10:59
With lots of people watching....;)
Yes, must have made the high spot of their week even more exciting!

DF.

Pinky the pilot
30th Jun 2006, 11:32
Wot? Did the wheels fall off again??:confused: :E :eek: :{

disco_air
30th Jun 2006, 12:39
Yes yes ha ha very funny all very ironic now.... i reckon i jinxed myself starting this thread! All my lights were green though!

...disco

Desert Flower
30th Jun 2006, 23:10
All my lights were green though!
...disco
Yup, that was what the last pilot said as one of the mains folded under him!

DF.

OpsNormal
1st Jul 2006, 02:39
Yup, that was what the last pilot said as one of the mains folded under him!
DF.

Shouldn't that be "nose" gear Flower?;) ;)

Desert Flower
1st Jul 2006, 04:30
Shouldn't that be "nose" gear Flower?;) ;)
I thought it was one of the mains, if not then I stand corrected.

DF.

Continental-520
2nd Jul 2006, 06:46
i reckon i jinxed myself starting this thread! All my lights were green though!

...Then that's all that really matters, mate. Could've been worse.

Reminds me of an incident in another place at another time where a C310R landed with 3 greens after a manual extension, and the mains weren't locked. So, obviously, it was really only staying standing up by the weight of the aircraft on them...or the grace of God, was another way it was put at the time.

520. :cool:

Desert Flower
6th Jul 2006, 01:55
Yes yes ha ha very funny all very ironic now.... i reckon i jinxed myself starting this thread!

Yep, you sure did - two weeks in a row! :{

DF.

Continental-520
6th Jul 2006, 11:28
That had to be said!!

Buy a lotto ticket, disco!

520. :p