PDA

View Full Version : Range & Endurance Pistons.

novicef
27th Jun 2006, 23:52
I'm trying to put together a Range & Endurance brief for my Gr.2 upgrade. There are plenty of graphs on Jets etc but seem to be short on pistons. Are there any sites that cover this topic I have done a search on Google.

The Messiah
28th Jun 2006, 01:57
I would have thought all you needed was a Drag curve and a decent understanding of it. Is there something more to it?

rmcdonal
28th Jun 2006, 02:08
I thought you only just got your Grade 3?

Oktas8
28th Jun 2006, 06:36
Hi novicef,

I wonder whether you've considered using a textbook? Websites are great for students, as they are free and can be verified for accuracy by asking your instructor.

However, as a wage-earning instructor you can afford to buy a textbook (I hope!), and you are the instructor, so you need a reliable source to back up your instruction. Websites are not reliable sources. Even this one!*

Aviation Theory Centre (Trevor Thom in some countries) do a very good Principles of Flight text. In this country AC Kermode's Principles of Flight is well regarded, although it's quite dated nowadays.

Best of luck,
O8

*Especially this one. So I suppose you shouldn't take my word for it. Oh the paradox... :confused:

novicef
28th Jun 2006, 06:41
I will meet all the requirements in 4 months ie. 6 months from obtaining the Gr.3 just getting prepared, I now have all the info from the web sites thanks. Thanks to all the posters. Got Kermode and Naval Aviators.

djpil
28th Jun 2006, 09:45
For info, some real graphs for a Cessna 172 are online here http://www.allstar.fiu.edu/AERO/BA-Form&gra.htm
(note the copyright statement)

Mere Mortal
1st Jul 2006, 00:15
Hi novicef,
If you are preparing briefs for your grade 2, you may want to consider writing a CSU/retract brief. Also, it would'nt hurt to have something written up about the considerations for a first solo, this seems to be a popular subject for CFI's before signing the recommendation part of the test form. The ATO may quiz your on this as well.
Good luck with you preparations.
MM