PDA

View Full Version : King Air

Bravo Alpha Charlie
27th Jun 2006, 23:05
I'm currently trying to work out whether it's worth my while to get a King Air rating. Is there anybody who could give me some names of operators in the UK so I could see what the job prospects are.

Monkey Boy
28th Jun 2006, 10:18
You could try: -

London Executive Aviation
Northern Aviation
Captital Trading
Dragon Fly
Centreline
Cega
Gama (Scottish Air Ambulance)
Sterling Aviation
Titan Airways

Good luck!

pipertommy
28th Jun 2006, 11:09
Just out of interest how much would you be looking at for the type rating?And would you be employed as an F.O with just the rating or is there hours in type required?

badgerpuppy
29th Jun 2006, 00:41
dude, be a little careful here, most operators are running the 200 on a single crew basis, public transport and privately. This means that unless you have the experience for a command (most sensible operators will ask for circa 1500 hours made up of something sensible), you will find it very hard to get any meaningful employment.
If you don't have the hours, you will end up either a poorly paid fo on one of the few who do operate multi crew or unable to log the hours from the right hand seat for no money at all on a single pilot aeroplane.
If you really feel that purchasing a type rating is the thing for you, take the time to look into the light jet market, the small citations are (I believe) around the same price to train on as a Beech, and trust me on this, nowhere near as difficult to get through.
If you need any proof of this, go to an airport and have a look in the cockpit of a citation and then go and look in a Beech. The difference is quite pronounced.
Anything operated for public transport, equipped with two or more turbojet engines, regardless of it's weight and if it was or was not designed specifically as a single crew aeroplane, must be operated AS a multi pilot aeroplane.
The point of me telling you all of this is that the value of a self funded type holder to a small company operating this way is greater due to the fact that they don't have loads for cash to throw about, they need twice the rated pilots of a Beech 200 operator, there is a fair ammount of movement at the moment and jet time means they are losing people as their careers advance. Knowing what you will do with your jet time makes them all the more keen to not spend the cash themselves.

Have a think, it could be a very expensive cock up,

Good luck.

BP.

Bravo Alpha Charlie
29th Jun 2006, 18:17
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into the jet route a bit further. Sounds like good plan. What do you fly BP?

BAC

badgerpuppy
29th Jun 2006, 18:49
if i give you the exact combination, someone will work out who i am and that would mean that i can't be a crass drunkard on pprune any more but it does include both those types.

(and i do it very badly).

pipertommy
3rd Jul 2006, 18:31
Does anyone know training centres ect that do cheap`ish king air ratings?This is just for future reference:)

Downwind.Maddl-Land
3rd Jul 2006, 18:46
BAC and Pipertommy, check your PMs

pipertommy
3rd Jul 2006, 19:06
Does`nt seem to have came through.Cheers:confused:

Downwind.Maddl-Land
3rd Jul 2006, 19:45
PT - try again!

pipertommy
3rd Jul 2006, 21:31
Thanks got it :ok:

ramjett18
5th Jul 2006, 21:07
Hi
I'm new to this, however I'm interested to know how much a rating would cost on a light jet if I was to self fund. Thanks in advance.

Margarita
5th Jul 2006, 21:45
Unfortunately rating for a bizjet will usually cost more than for a heavier airliner. You start from somewhere $20.000 up.

badgerpuppy
6th Jul 2006, 14:05
best thing to do is actually speak to the likes of flightsafety international or simuflight and see what they have to offer, if you do it through a company, you could get a substantial discount. look into it, you may be surprised.