PDA

View Full Version : AIRCRAFT DISPATCHERS - London City Airport

older_wiser
27th Jun 2006, 16:19
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the company recruiting Dispatchers at LCY, The ad on Aviation Resource also quotes £8 - £8.50 an hour does anyone work in this role at LCY and does that sound like the going rate ? Does that include Shift pay & LWA

Just another student
28th Jun 2006, 12:51
I phoned up the agency yesterday and they confirmed £8.25-£8.50 / hour. How anyone can afford to work in this role in London is beyond me. I really want to get a job in dispatch to help my career, but there is no way I could move on anything like that money.

older_wiser
28th Jun 2006, 20:47
I agree, but a friend of mine was recently offered £18.5k all inclusive for a dispatch job at LHR for Servisair and also you are bonded for £1000 for the 1st year, so clearly these companies know they will get staff to work for these salaries and take the responsibility that goes with the job.
By the way Aldi pay up to £9 an hour to stack selves and i know someone who works there. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another student
28th Jun 2006, 20:59
Really?? £9 an hour, why the hell did I spend £40K to train as a pilot then? :} ;)

I guess that either people are getting desparate and agreeing to take these kinds of sums, that or the agencies etc are happy taking on a possibly 'less qualified' candidate who is willing to work for less?

It would be a good career move imho if I managed to gain employment as a dispatcher, but at the minute, I am being priced out of the market :(

A growing ever more frustrated JAS.

older_wiser
28th Jun 2006, 22:31
JAS :

http://recruiting.uk.aldi.com/store_assistant/index.html

Store Managers earn up to £40k

Don't get me wrong in my opinion being a dispatcher is a reasonably relaxed job as long as you don't let it go to your head like so many i have seen, but you really do have to question whether it is worth it when you see Ad's like the one above

OpsSix
29th Jun 2006, 07:33
I've just accepted a position @ LCY as a Dispatcher and yes those figures are correct. I didn't go through an agency either.

Most of the salaries at LCY are low and none of them as far as I'm aware include London Weighting.

Just another student
29th Jun 2006, 09:51
Congratulations on getting the job, I'm sure it is a great role - just a little on the under paid side.

Good luck :)

JAS

OpsSix
29th Jun 2006, 16:30
Congratulations on getting the job, I'm sure it is a great role - just a little on the under paid side.

Good luck :)

JAS

Thanks mate :ok:

harryharrad
12th Jul 2006, 19:34
hi

i am a dispatcher at lcy, it really does depend on which company u work for at LCY, there are two ground handling companies, one pays a lot more then the other

its not that bad!!

Chef
18th Jul 2006, 17:43
:) :) Your right Harry H, hows your LH bits!!!!!!

antonovman
25th Jul 2006, 07:05
I'd love to work at LCY
who are the 2 handling agents ?
thanks

Chef
27th Jul 2006, 17:23
Menzies & KGS, KGS is paid slightly higher, better T&C's not too bad a package either, menzies are however looking for dispatchers & check-in agents as they got the numbers wrong for the VLM contract. Menzies are Ok though.:)

sixmilehighclub
27th Jul 2006, 21:19
Unfortunately, companies are realising now they only really have to pay out more for jobs people don't want to do.

For interesting jobs, they don't have to pay much because so many people are chasing the few positions there are. Look at how much pilot salaries have dropped just even in the past 10 years!

Hangar aircraft cleaners can earn up to £10 per hour or thereabouts. But that is cleaning pipes, mehanical parts and cargo areas, including months of grime and muck. I'd rather do a job I like, be happy and be paid less as a result.

Six :ok: