PDA

View Full Version : Change to EK T & C's!!

Fugazi
27th Jun 2006, 08:16
Recent FCI now has Capt's & Fo's positioning in economy on other airlines, with a couple of exceptions. Used to be business. Yet another erosion of EK t's & C's!!! :(
Fair guys?

MR8
27th Jun 2006, 08:23
I can't really be bothered. I never had to position OAL, and since it will be Economy in the future, I never will... quite simple, not?

MR8

Fugazi
27th Jun 2006, 08:51
So MR8..Let's say you operate DXB-LHR & during the flight Ops advise that on landing you have to immediately position to Rome, to operate the next day. New policy means you will travel in Y class. You telling me you will refuse to do it? Get real!!!!

ruserious
27th Jun 2006, 12:13
oooh, I am feeling dizzy and not fit to fly, must be economy class syndrome :}

mini cooper
28th Jun 2006, 04:02
Sorry got stomach ache etc from economy food!!!!! Can't fly.
What worries me nore though is the reasoning behind this move. It is the fact that managment below a certain level, do not get to travel business with other airlines, so hence neither can we (don't expect to see Tim Clarke in economy!!). A NON FLT OPS friend recently on duty travel couldn't get on the EK flights he needed, in fact was bumped off , so was forced to pay on the company credit card full economy fare with another carrier to get to where he needed for important meetings. So he spent a long night cramped in economy and then was expected to spend a full working day in meetings.
What a load of ..../.../../-!!! (hope the morse is correct)

mini cooper
28th Jun 2006, 06:45
Sorry, morse not what it used to be, all thanks to auto ident!!
As was pointed out by all you eagle eyed people it should have been
.../..../../- but you get the idea.
:)

ShockWave
28th Jun 2006, 15:27
At first glance you think it's no big deal because we just don't do it enough to be bothered.
If that is the case then why has there been a push to make the change?
With frequently full EK aircraft and a multitude of aircraft changes it will make very good sence to pax us around the world on very dodgy airlines in y class for a fraction of the cost of an EK y class ticket. No more 2+ day lay overs.

Also be very concerned with the wording "planned". Following delays they can decide to pax you anywhere on any airline after any amount of time, even less than 10 hrs in the hotel....

And who gets to choose the standard of airline we are to fly on!!
I am really quite interested in antique ex millitary Soviet aircraft but not from the back of Y class juggling suite cases, TVs, fridges and washing machines.:*

Eldin
28th Jun 2006, 15:38
So MR8..Let's say you operate DXB-LHR & during the flight Ops advise that on landing you have to immediately position to Rome, to operate the next day. New policy means you will travel in Y class. You telling me you will refuse to do it? Get real!!!!

Yes, you could refuse; policy says that within 12 hours after/before a trip you travel business.

That what I remember from this bumph.

Affects probably mainly A310 crews d/h between ZRH/VIE/MXP or so and on these positioning flights there is no Business Class anyway.

What the heck....

I better go and smoke another shisha and smell the flowers...