PDA

View Full Version : Aerorescue

aero979
27th Jun 2006, 05:15
Ive just been offered an interview with Aerorescue for an FO slot and was hoping to get some feedback from anyone who has recently gone through the interview process.

I am currently a AMSA pilot with a unit in Tasmania and have enjoyed the training and going out on a couple of searches.

Any feedback on the interview process would be great, ie what they may ask about aircraft, SAR procedures etc etc?? I will very much appreciate it!

Thank you!

helijet
27th Jun 2006, 10:12
for which base are you interviewing?

alidad
27th Jun 2006, 11:21
word around the traps is to go for it if :

1. you want to spend ~70 hours per WEEK on call AT the airport;

2. Do as little as 100 hours per ANNUM of stick time(shared between you and the captain). Note that it is quite a complex aircraft, doing difficult tasking , at short notice (25 minutes) to taxi is; A one way road to disaster.

if you are chasing experience for better things look elsewhere.

With recent management changes, PAA is no longer an employee of choice.

AerocatS2A
27th Jun 2006, 11:57
Bit of misinformation there alidad, only half the standby is at the airport. Standby at night time has a longer lead time and can be taken at home (providing you live within a suitable distance.) So in a 5 day week with 5 12 hour shifts you would spend 30 hours at the airport and 30 hours at home.

I had heard that there will be at least 150 hours flight time for the pilots.

Although your points are valid, it is a job that will involve a lot of standby, not much flying, and is not a great option for hour building, I don't think it helps to exagerate your case.

There are, of course, people out there who want to do the job because they like the idea of helping people in trouble. That is the whole point after all. Hours and conditions come second to the purpose of the job for some people.

aero979
27th Jun 2006, 20:49
I am not doing many hours as it is, and would like to move onto an aircraft such as the 328, even if it is only 150 hours per year. I beleive this experience is more beneficial than what i am doing now!

Ive done a few searches, and yep enjoyed the idea of helping people out in trouble.

It will give me plenty of time to complete my tertiary study... anyone in darwin have any information on the FOs role/ responsibilities???

Rate1
29th Jun 2006, 05:52
aero979 PM me for full story