PDA

View Full Version : EK AIRBUS OR BOEING .

TOPC
27th Jun 2006, 02:20
Is it preferable to be flying Boeing or Airbus in Emirates ?
With respect to rosters ,lifesyle ,overtime, servicability,promotion etc.
Thanks.:ok:

uplock
27th Jun 2006, 04:21
Lots of information available , do a search. If you have a choice its a no brainer when it comes to future promotion.

Check out the web site here of one of the Boeing guys (http://www.infinidim.org/) it lists present pairings for both Airbus and Boeing Fleets

With respect to rosters
I'm maxed out on hours, however the Boeing Boys are working a lot harder and they have pairings as you can see that are longer than the Bus Fleet.

lifestyle
"the good old days" are not here any more. Used to have a lot of time off. Some guys say they do, speaking for myself it is not like it used to be for a long time, definitely working harder.Used to have some life style on the Bus can not say that any more for the past 2 years.Really depends what you define as "lifestyle"..

Salary has not kept pace with inflation and cost of living, my base rate for comparison will differ from yours however I base it on the time I joined what my money brought me then back home. There is a mega difference now.

On the Airbus Fleet you will be Flying 3 different Aircraft the A332, the A343 and A345 for the same pay. Gets confusing at times and I wonder how the regulatory authorities were sold the concept of mixed fleet flying.

[QUOTE]overtime[/B]
Wish I was not doing any, I do not have a choice.

servicability
I have found it good all though have had more problems on the 340 s however this is really down to Airbus and not EK.

The Bus fleet used to have the pick of the destinations, however I would say the Boeing Fleet has a better choice, once again look at the pairings here (http://www.infinidim.org/)

Good luck if your allowed to make a choice Going to Boeing other wise your going to be "Stuck on the Bus"

TOPC
27th Jun 2006, 05:09
The no brainer being faster to command on the Airbus ?

Schnowzer
27th Jun 2006, 06:02
It is an interesting question but if you were asked it at the interview in terms of 'we only have Airbus slots at the mo, and you are a Boeing driver.....' What would you say?

You don't really have a choice, if there are Boeing slots you'll get them, if the Airbus is the flavour of the month it will be on that beast. If you don't believe me just go back a couple of years.

As to Commands, the Boeing is preferable at the moment but it was the Airbus 2 years ago and when the 380 comes it may well change around again. As far as routes are concerned, they switch around continuously and when the 380 turns up it will all change again, as it will when the 330 is replaced.

From my point of view I don't like 3 day trips, other people do. The bottom line for me would be; Do I really want to join EK, yes or no and then see how the chips fall. I guarantee there were a lot of guys that were planning before they joined and then were shocked to find how policy changes, route changes etc screwed the plan up. If you can't control it, don't sweat it.

2 articles from todays Gulf News, shows how little reality there is to this place:

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Economy/10049780.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/business/Economy/10049798.html

One says that inflation is running at 7% and will drop to 4% by years end. The other says that Dubai has risen from 73rd to 25th most expensive city in the world ahead of LA, Amsterdam etc due to an inflation spike! The government statisticians could be accused of having their heads in the sand.

TOPC
27th Jun 2006, 06:14
So when is the 330 being replaced ?

uplock
27th Jun 2006, 07:31
How long is a piece of string and who cares when the A330 goes they are all planes at the end of the day, some just fly higher and further and some what easier too.

Still place my money on the Airline becomming a mainly Boeing Fleet

What the papers do not explain is that when calculating the "official" rate of inflation House Prices and Rental Prices are excluded. This should give you a heads up on all the other "great" figures you here comming from Dubai.

TOPC
27th Jun 2006, 07:37
Thanks uplock .
:ok:

ShockWave
29th Jun 2006, 12:53
I think you should base your choice on colour preference.
Afterall you are going to spend a lot of time in the flight deck and it's the only difference that can be guaranteed.
AirBusBlue or BoingBrown?:)

grumpy_bugger
29th Jun 2006, 14:30
Last time I looked Airbus was grey and Boeing had an E in it. Can't we get a spell-checker tool on this site; bloody well need it.:ugh:

Muttley Crew
29th Jun 2006, 14:55
What they really need is a common-sense checker. It was obviously a play-on-words. Boing. Get it?

:rolleyes:

Make your decision on what the tarts think of you. Boing had the rep for being populated by grumpy old pricks. Now they are all coming to the bus fleet in preparation for the 380 and the Boing guys are meant to be all hip and cool and getting loads of tottie on the layovers. I always miss the fun...

Drunknsailor
29th Jun 2006, 20:19
wow, some of your pairings are HIDEOUS! 37 hours for a 9 day trip?!, Lots of "play time" though:}

ShockWave
30th Jun 2006, 04:00
It's more blue than the older airbus grey and AirBus Blue sounded better than greyblue.
But also agree about the spell checker.
cheers