PDA

View Full Version : ASIC Short Changed

Thermal Bandit
26th Jun 2006, 12:03
I recently renewed my ASIC and was surprised to find that it had only been renewed for 22 months, not the 24 months I was expecting; is this normal practice?

rmcdonal
26th Jun 2006, 21:26
That happened to a lot of the initial issues at the start of the year to. Mine is short a few months as well. :suspect:

Arm out the window
27th Jun 2006, 00:11
Apparently it goes from the date of the security check itself, rather than when the card arrives at your place, so there's been some fairly major variation in validity times.
I was a bit lucky, in a strange twist of events - they stuffed up and lost my application, so after a re-submit, I got a timely security check and a good long validity time.
Don't think the stuffing around beforehand was worth it, though...

goatwhacker
27th Jun 2006, 00:39
Gees, you got 22 months????

....I got less than 13.

Pinky the pilot
27th Jun 2006, 00:47
When mine arrived it had 23 months on it. Have to be lucky occasionally I guess.:hmm:

Captain Nomad
27th Jun 2006, 00:57
I was stunned with disbelief when I received a letter within the last couple of weeks saying mine had been issued but they wouldn't send it to an overseas address. No worries, organised it to be sent c/o friend who I am staying with briefly on leave back in Oz. Finally got it in the mail today after submitting the forms last year. Expires Jan 08 so that is about 18 months validity for me! Couldn't really care - just glad I have finally got something in my hot little hand for all the money and time hassle spent on applications (submitted multiple times), phone calls (multiple times), and emails! Thought it would never happen :rolleyes: :ok:

compressor stall
28th Jun 2006, 01:41
Hey TB how's things! I'll be down having a yak to your mob in July sometime, I'll drop you a line as to when.

Anyway, my paperwork submitted by company in mid 05, ASIC picked up October 05 expires Dec 06!

Capt EFIS
28th Jun 2006, 03:28
Think your getting short changed now..... Just wait until you try to get your bond back. You have to show credit card statments, receipts etc... Just to prove you did pay it !!

What annoy me is.. with over 8,000 people working at Sydney Airport requiring ASIC cards at $50.00 each you can now see that they are making a bit of interest off our bonds.

Shouldn't we receive the interest earned off our bonds to be paid back to us when it's time to hand the ASIC back in.

Just my two cents worth...