PDA

View Full Version : Avtur central NSW?

22clipper
26th Jun 2006, 12:02
Does anybody know where I can buy avtur between Dubbo & Broken Hill?

tomstheword
26th Jun 2006, 12:05
the best bet is warren, otherwise parkes or jerry cans. depends on wether the final destination is broken hill or further, otherwise you might be able to get a drum delivered to cobar of wilcannia

McGowan
27th Jun 2006, 05:20
Jet fuel is as rare as rocking horse poop/chicken teeth etc once you get away from the coast. You should have asked me yesterday, I could have bored you to death on how hard it is to get. BUT. If you ask around, and give enough notice, it is about. Generally the air ag people will have some but may not want to give up much of it.

tomstheword
27th Jun 2006, 05:57
McGowan is right. Warren is really the last stop and you will reach Broken hill from there in a jetranger but you wouldnt want a head wind. Its an Ag operater in warren aswell, worth phoning ahead

imabell
27th Jun 2006, 06:21
there used to be an ag operator at wilcannia as well, or questa park station.

i used to stop at the pipeline authority in cobar, the yard is right in town.

i don't know if they are still there but it was great to get to broken hill from there in one hop. or tibooburra then moomba gas fields and across the simpson desert to alice, one of the worlds great helicopter trips,

22clipper
27th Jun 2006, 07:40
The servo at Ivanhoe said he might be able to get some drums up from Hay but I just know that's gonna cost an arm & a leg.

Its going to be nice going for a ride in the mates 206 but the way those things drink is culture shock for a 22 jock like me.

I'll keep ringing & asking & thanks for the leads.