PDA

View Full Version : class 1 reverts to class 2?

femaleWannabe
26th Jun 2006, 09:07
I have been under the impression for a while that if you do not renew a class 1 medical, then it becomes a class 2 and you can renew the class 1 at any point during the 5 years after the initial. However, someone I mentioned this to recently said this rule has now changed and you cannot use an expired class 1 to fly with class 2 priviledges. I'm going to ask when I go to gatwick next week but I was wondering if anyone on here has heard about this? I'm unlikely to need a class 1 for the next 2 years so was planning to let it go to a class 2 until such time that I actualy need the class 1. It seems crazy to me that next year I'll have to go and get a class 2 intial - when I will already hold a class 1....

type1
27th Jun 2006, 11:05
yep it still does revert to a class 2, I was speaking to my doctor about this yesterday!

it's valid for 5 years as a class 2 if you're younger than 30, 2 years for 30-49 and then yearly after that.

hope that helps!

type 1

femaleWannabe
27th Jun 2006, 11:39
Thanks type1. Do I need to do anything to make it a class 2?! apply for a class 2 certificate or anything? or is it still a class 1 but I'm only exercising class 2 privilidges?

type1
27th Jun 2006, 14:12
Nope you don't need to do anything at all! On my last one the doctor just wrote directly onto the class one "vaild as class 2 until ....." just for my reference really.