PDA

View Full Version : Tips n Tricks needed

TwoTall
26th Jun 2006, 06:40
Hi,

I have been doing the whole IT career thing since 1997, before that I was a flight ops contoller, gunning for the commercial pilots license. However my flying career was shut down due to insufficient funds :ugh: .

The aviation bug has never left me and I don't think it ever will. I have come to a cross roads in my IT career, I am not happy and the craving for schedules and jet fuel grows stronger by the day.
I want to go into a load master position. And as I have heard through friend in the aviation industry this forum is the schnizz.
I am busy applying to MK for a load master position, where else could I apply too??

avfuelman
26th Jun 2006, 08:45
Air Foyle Ltd, office at Stansted, AN124's etc etc Loadmaster positions sometimes available.

VP8
26th Jun 2006, 14:44
Air Foyle Ltd, office at Stansted, AN124's etc etc Loadmaster positions sometimes available.

Don't think so Air Foyle Heavylift cease trading end of this month!!!!:eek:

ADB going it alone.....

VEEPS

freightdoggy dog
26th Jun 2006, 21:16
Not wanting to rain on your parade mate, but Loadmasters are getting as rare as Flight Engineers nowadays!!!

First off, you need know someone who is one and can also hire you, if not, forget it!

We use to have 14 of them 3 years back at Channex, now we are down to 2 part timers! and its all down to the bean counters.

Most loadies have now been replaced by dispatchers purely and simply for the bottom line, that is of course until the dispatcher breaks the a/c by tail tipping/ broken lateral locks,frames,stringers and cracked floor beams etc. !!!

So best of luck, and do some research on this forum about MK, as I am sure they only recruit Zims?

Freshline (A300s) in Germany might be looking next year, but so far all I have heard is talk, unless anyone else knows different?