PDA

View Full Version : HALF LIFE CD KEY

semper fi
26th Jun 2006, 05:54
ummmm, Sorry to ask but I lost my original cd key to my half life (original game) could any one pm me a key? many thanks....:O

Richard Spandit
26th Jun 2006, 10:00
Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this isn't a dodgy request, have you tried doing a Google search?

semper fi
26th Jun 2006, 10:14
Hi Richard,

Yes, tried several sites and always got the runaround, you see, my son lost the case that holds the cd and he can't play one of his favorite games....., had the format the hard drive and everything gone, etc etc.
this isn't a dodgy request, quite legit actually, just hoping one good soul will save me the task of having to go out and buy another original game.
thanks all for listening........:ok:

longarm
26th Jun 2006, 11:40
Try contacting the software publisher (Sierra?). Sometimes they will send you a new CD and key if you return the old one to them, they may require a receipt as well if you have it. I think they normally make a small charge.

semper fi
26th Jun 2006, 11:59
Thanks anyway for the suggestion, I lost the box a long time ago, much more the receipt, live too far from the states anyway to mail it to them and back, no luck.....:rolleyes:

terryJones
26th Jun 2006, 12:25
IS this the original HalfLife, or HalfLife2, the second has a 'Steam' account, if it is that one it could be difficult, you should contact Steam.

Daysleeper
27th Jun 2006, 06:39
For the original game buy a new (used) one on ebay for a couple of quid.

Buster Cherry
27th Jun 2006, 07:10
Semper Fi,
Check your PM`s.

Not sure if this will work but there is a legal CD key changer availible here.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Half-Life_CD_Key_Changer_d650.html

semper fi
27th Jun 2006, 10:37
Hello Everyone, for those who helped by emailing me, thank you, I got another original half life pack with counter strike and half life deathmatch that runs via steam and am getting shafted again when I log on to steam.
They are asking me for more money to run the game, what gives? Does this happen to all of you out there, how do I just run the fri*in game. thanks.:ok:

terryJones
30th Jun 2006, 09:35
There should be no charge from Steam if the CD you have is new and you are the first to register it. I have just finished the latest HL 2 Episode 1, and that also runs under steam, and there was no charge to register that either.
Give them a ring and get it sorted, if you paid the full retail price for the game it was expensive enough...
Terry.