PDA

View Full Version : Sickness post flight.

pall
26th Jun 2006, 03:29
Is there any truth to the belief that passengers experience illness post flights due to the ventilation system within aircraft. I have been told that travelers report sickness because they are exposed to pathogens via the air circulating within the aircraft.:confused:

Dubya
26th Jun 2006, 04:38
I understand the air filtering system on a B737 removes microscopic bacteria. So fine, that it removes anthrax pollens. Anyway, a load of air is lost overboard (thru leakage) and is replenished by fresh air from the compressors... going on what you said, why don't cabin crew and flight crew take sickies all the time (legitimate ones, anyway):=

king oath
26th Jun 2006, 11:33
Nah. Its the airline food definitely. Lock it in Eddie.

OzExpat
26th Jun 2006, 12:54
Yep, definitely the airline food, but on top of the... dare I say it... "terminal" food? :}

vh_ajm
28th Jun 2006, 08:09
Read something a few months ago, forget the source but it stated that "latest research" found that people have an increased chance of getting sick from fellow passengers, not because of recycled air or lack of flitration but purely becuase of their proximity to other passengers.

In short, if you pack 200 people into a well ventilated room, people will get sick regardless of the fresh air.