PDA

View Full Version : Completing Applications

dazk23
25th Jun 2006, 19:16
Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on completing applications? For example, on one from im filling in it says "give an example of a time you have worked as a team". Is there anything in particular that they would be looking for someone to write here?

I know I might sound a bit daft, but I just want to make sure that I'm getting my application off to a good start - any advice would be great!

Cheers guys! :)

flydani
25th Jun 2006, 21:32
With regard to application forms when ever you are asked for any examples to do with team work be it good or bad, never try to blame anyone or critcise other people, especially your superiors. When using a ggod example try and illustrate your strengths ie maybe you could speak a language, have other training or another skill that contributed and how others used their skills to complement the team.

I have been asked at interviews where I was in a team that did not work well together. It is very hard to answer this question without saying someone else was at fault but try not to blame others directly, maybe you could say a loack of leadership in general or mixed information had been given. Try to avoid any examples that involve anything that may have been deemed unsafe as well!!