PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Airlines Flight School

GrkPilot
25th Jun 2006, 18:40
Anyone attending? They are offering JAR training .. testing has begun.
Would like some info on the testing. cheers. :}

captwannabe
26th Jun 2006, 09:16
Can you post a link to their website for me?

Cheers,
Captwannabe

:ok:

Jimmy The Big Greek
26th Jun 2006, 11:25
I would stay clear of any type of training in Greece.
The Hellenic CAA in Greece can only by described as a maffia organisation. When I was going to convert my FAA ATPL to Greek CPL/IR it was really difficult. They did not have any books that you could buy to study for the exams (for example greek airlaw). The way you where proposed to pass the exams was to bribe the examiner. I remember when I sat an exam and I got questions about helicopters despite that I flew aeroplanes. I think they did this so they would fail you and then finally you would give up and pay the bribe. Once I got so upset that I went in to the management to complain about "the helicopter exam" and I said that the HCAA is runned like brothel. They threatend to press charges on me.

I am in Greece myself and I have found a good school with reasonable prices (egnatia aviation) but I will go to Spain to do my training. I am really scared of the HCAA.Things might have changed now with the JAA but I am not risking it.

YYZ
26th Jun 2006, 17:16
An individual tackling the HCAA will have a tough task in days gone by, and indeed relatively recently, an organisation however, like the school mentioned, will have all these issues ironed out to avoid the pitfalls that you had problems with.

YYZ

GrkPilot
27th Jun 2006, 14:44
Here is the link to there site ...

http://195.167.49.234/flighttraininguk.htm

Im wondering when they schedule ground for 2007.

Eggwhite
27th Jun 2006, 17:38
if its worth it the Greek's conversion. I had a friend in my ground school at NAC. Awesome guy, unfortunately he wasnt able to finish his IR in the UK due to financial problems. He ended up going back to Greece to complete the IR there. It has been almost 6 months since he finished in Greece and he still has not been issued the license, well, he has been issued it several times, but there always been issued with it. Also and I dont know.. he said that the Greek license is only valid in Greece, supposedly they dont have a bilateral agreement with the UK.

GrkPilot
28th Jun 2006, 17:17
The Greek License is no more .. ONLY JAR in Greece.

YYZ
28th Jun 2006, 19:19
People are still thinking about times of old, where things in Greece were difficult to say the least.
Now though, Greece is a fully active JAA member, therefore most if not all of the old problems are no more, and the ones that remain are slowly being dealt with.

YYZ