PDA

View Full Version : Are pilots being bullied?

iqit
25th Jun 2006, 09:59
is it just me ,or do others have the feeling that ,we ,pilots ,have been bullied around by everyone?the company is always on our tail ,most of the time ,not for safety related matters,the family is whining that we are always working ,atc raises the tone of their voice if we fail to reply to their multi instructions messages ,and the last few years ,they managed to get the airforce to join them ,in the most dangerous for civil aviation,move so far,by threatening to shoot us down ...i am sure i missed something else too......

jondc9
25th Jun 2006, 10:06
IGIT:

it is obvious to me that every pilot group in every nation has been hurt. here in the US we are expected to take paycuts/pension cuts to pay for fuel.

it is illegal in the US to have every pilot in the country walk off in a strike, but bankruptcy courts are forced to give "retention" bonuses to execs to keep them working at a bankrupt airline.

jon

Nick 1
25th Jun 2006, 12:32
Completely agree with you...............
As a sticker on my flight case say......just remember when sex was safe and flight was dangerous.............:(

Hirsutesme
28th Jun 2006, 09:41
It is a relatively young industry, we are just mirroring what has happened in many other industries, as they mature. Low cost airlines have really put the squeeze on, things will get worse until pilots, industry wide begin to realise and utilise the strength they have, in a collective way. If you are not in a Union, join one, if you are, support it

MercenaryAli
28th Jun 2006, 17:25
I am surprised we still have Captains and First Officers - if the 'powers that be' had their way it would be Pilot A and Pilot B, nobody would be in charge - all decisions would be made by a committee of flight crew, cabin crew and the representatives of the passengers and it would be a monkey pressing all the buttons in the aircraft with the pilots simply passing him the odd banana or two to keep him fed and happy during the flight! :)