PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Programme - Aussies

whaet
25th Jun 2006, 10:05
Gday Guys,
I am a keen young aviator who is looking to find some information on the SQ and CX Cadet Programmes...
I would like to hear from the Aussies out there (if there are any!!) who have been successful in obtaining entry into the programmes (success rates, citizenship requirements etc etc and just anything that would help my application)!!
Does being Australian help or hinder my chances?
Any replies are greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
James

Flyboy_01
25th Jun 2006, 11:15
I know a few Aussies who've been accepted into the cadet program. But you require a HK citizenship to apply for it.

If you have permenant residency, then it shouldn't be a problem. Go for it! :ok:

Sunny_Always
25th Jun 2006, 11:18
all of your questions can be answered by a simple google search. CX requires HK pernment residence. SQ requires SG citizenship, pernment residence, Malaysian or HK pernment residence for the respective local recruitments.

won't it be easier for you to apply for QF instead?

whaet
25th Jun 2006, 11:40
Thanks for the replies,
Yes I was aware that the information was available (trust me I have done the google search 1000 times before)
I just don't want to go around changing my citizenship for, perhaps, no reason.
I am of the knowledge you must change it before you apply, not once you have been accepted
Cheers

Sunny_Always
25th Jun 2006, 11:54
who said anything about changing citizenship? pernment residence is good enough, but in itself still hard to get especially for SG.

for SQ: http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/company_info/careers/tech_crew.jsp

intresting read for CX: http://www.cathaytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207

Koyo
26th Jun 2006, 11:23
Change citizenship? You got me a bit confused. If you hold an Aussie citizenship (I assume you do since you refer to yourself as an Aussie), you can apply to QF Cadet Program. For future reference, there's a search function within the forum. Google isn't the best when it comes to searching for forum keywords.

benedictz
26th Jun 2006, 15:25
why don't you try the Qantas CPP?

2007 Qantas Cadet Pilot Training Program
Applications for the 2007 Qantas Cadet Pilot Training Program are currently being accepted.
Candidates must thoroughly read the Information Sheet, Selection Process Briefing Sheet and Minimum Criteria before submitting their application. Particular attention should be paid to the time delays in obtaining CASA Class 1 Medicals.
Applications close on 15 September, 2006.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/employment/pilots

jynt
26th Jun 2006, 16:52
intresting read for CX: http://www.cathaytalk.com/showthread.php?t=207

thanks for the link. does anyone know why the person, a commercial pilot, went for the cadet programme instead of applying directly for a second officer position? is it much harder to get into CX via that route?

Lowspirited
26th Jun 2006, 17:23
its interesting how so many people suggest the QF cadet programme...lets be honest here, i can't afford $100,000 AUD, how many young enthusiasts can? :( then the worst possible senario, you pass the selection, dish out $100k then QF doesn't hire you (its on the website, they don't sign any bond contract with you, and it has happened before...). With CX at least you don't waste your money in the rare case they don't employ you after training. And then there would be some other factors :E (pay scale, benefits, world status) But of course, if you can afford it, applying to QF and CX and KA at the same time would be the best choice :O

Some people apply both DE and cadet, because depending on your experience it could take CX years to call for DE interview, whereas cadet is a faster process to get into the company

jynt
27th Jun 2006, 03:17
Some people apply both DE and cadet, because depending on your experience it could take CX years to call for DE interview, whereas cadet is a faster process to get into the company

ah i understand now. thanks for clearing that up :ok: