View Full Version : Problem with Scot Airways Dundee Arrival (23rd June)?

the_fish@blueyonder.
24th Jun 2006, 23:16
I was in Dundee on Friday (23rd June) and occasionally the traffic into the airport passes right over my friends house where I was staying. Friday was once such day when this was happening, and as she lives very close to the airport, the aircraft are very low over her house.

I noticed the Scot Airways flight from LCY approaching in the evening (can't remember the time) and didn't think anything of it. About 10 minutes later the same aircraft was approaching again, I presumed it was a missed approach the first time. Does anyone know why the aircraft had to go around?

the_fish@blueyonder.
25th Jun 2006, 22:32
I forgot to add that the next day I was going past the airport and there was a ScotAirways aircraft in the maintainance hanger. I normally ujsts ee them parked behind the terminal at the gate.

baggagebill
11th Jul 2006, 09:26
Not sure if there was a problem with the last flight on that day. But every night the dnd-lcy flight is normally hangered and maintained overnight. This is unless another d328 has been brought in for maintenance, so nothing sinister about d328 in hanger at all.

One was hangered only the other day as it had had a twin lightning strike.