PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do with Air New Zealand Recruitment (Merged)

EZYJET2006
14th Jun 2006, 12:17
If so how did you get on. would love to hear from you all

wanderin_star
14th Jun 2006, 15:36
Had friend go for second interview today - was told he would hear within three weeks. Dont know if that good or bad sign. How did you get on?

EZYJET2006
14th Jun 2006, 16:24
im still waitin 2 hear from first interview, they said within a week which means 2day but i have not heard anything! so how did they find it? what did they do?

Ianj
14th Jun 2006, 19:53
Hi guys!

I went along to the Air New Zealand walk in interviews, and got a very professional and friendly feeling from the recruitment team/company.

I got told on the same day that I had been successful and they have invited me back to a second interview. So am very excited but also very nervous :sad:

Good luck to everyone that applied and hope you hear something from them soon,

IanJ

SkySista
15th Jun 2006, 08:53
Congrats Ian!! Good luck to everyone going to recruitment days etc.... flew with Air NZ when I was about 13, it was fab!!! The gals even let myself and my sister hand out lollies to pax before descent. I did hear that they don't do it anymore due to litigation fears.... ugh stupid PC brigade.... :{

NewZealand2
16th Jun 2006, 00:20
Congrats Ian!! Good luck to everyone going to recruitment days etc.... flew with Air NZ when I was about 13, it was fab!!! The gals even let myself and my sister hand out lollies to pax before descent. I did hear that they don't do it anymore due to litigation fears.... ugh stupid PC brigade.... :{

Some still allow that!!! :)

Oh and good luck everyone.

SkySista
16th Jun 2006, 06:10
Some still allow that!!!

Excellent!!! :ok: It's things like that which make a trip memorable!!! :}

allister1981
24th Jun 2006, 13:52
Does anyone have any information on what to expect at the group stage interview?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

GorgeousKiwiGal
3rd Jul 2006, 02:32
Any news on when Air NZ l/h AKL base is recruiting?

oneroam
4th Jul 2006, 09:56
JUST BEEN INFORMED BY LETTER THAT I NEVER GOT A CABIN CREW POSITION WITH AIR NEW ZEALAND. :( BIT UPSET BUT GLAD THAT STILL GOT A JOB!
I DIDN'T THINK THAT THE INTERVIEW WENT VERY WELL AS THE QUESTIONS THEY ASKED WRE NOT THE BEST IE 'TELL US A SITUATION WHERE YOU WERE STRESSED AND HOW DID YOU COPE WITH IT?', :confused:
WAS STRESSED THAT DAY FOR GOODNESS SAKES, COULD THEY NOT SEE THAT I WAS DEALING WITH IT VERY WELL??!!!

BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE OF YOU WHO GOT A POSITION AND LETS US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.:D

EZYJET2006
4th Jul 2006, 15:26
Im still waiting to hear about the walk in day, its been 4 weeks now. I take it i missed all the other days???

Peaky
5th Jul 2006, 15:49
I had my 221 interview just over 3 weeks ago now and they said that I would hear within 3 weeks. I know there are a few other people that had their interviews on the same day as me that have already had their 'thanks but no thanks' letters so do you think I should contact them or just sit back and wait?!.....
:bored:

wanderin_star
5th Jul 2006, 18:39
Peaky - Same dilemna as my friend, he had 221 three weeks ago and still waiting for letter. We hoping that 'no news is good news' - will let you know if hear in next few days.

Peaky
6th Jul 2006, 08:46
Thanks Wanderin Star... I'll do the same if I hear anything and then if neither of us does, we should all join forces and get in touch with ANZ! Not sure if the 'no news is good news thing' counts anymore, i am now convinced that my interview was so bad that it's more a case of 'out of sight, out of mind'!!!!

Peaky
9th Jul 2006, 16:28
Right well having still not heard anything, I have taken it upon myself to e-mail the blooming company to ask for my rejection letter!!! :mad:

wanderin_star
9th Jul 2006, 17:30
I agree - have made same suggestion to my friend who is in same position.
Has anyone, or know anyone, had an acceptance letter?

flyingkiwi
10th Jul 2006, 07:37
I understand they are not hiring. They are transfering people from the short haul to the long haul. They have not renewed the temperary contracts either

NewZealand2
11th Jul 2006, 00:00
My sister went to the walk in day in auckland about a year ago now, still no offer for employment. Just stupid, they really expect people to put their life on hold for more than a year? fortunatly my sister has been able to, but i can imagine that most can't/wouldn't.

Peaky
12th Jul 2006, 08:43
Wow, what a fab company they appear to be!!! I still haven't received any sort of reply/ confirmation from the e-mail I sent them and have now started to hear from other sources that have actually got the job that it's all a bit of a mish-mash affair and if you book time off to go for your uniform fitting, there's no guarantee that the uniform person will actually be there to deal with you!
Hmm, now I know this may sound like sour grapes but I'm starting to think we (the ones that haven't got the job) may have had a lucky escape!

wanderin_star
21st Jul 2006, 11:34
Well eventually a reply - along the lines - quote
'We were very impressed with your interview but all our training places are full at the moment. We hope to contact you in the near future when we have further training spaces. Please inform us of any change in your circumstances'. - unquote. Is this a polite rejection or still in with a chance - any thoughts?

speedmarque
24th Jul 2006, 11:01
Hello All

Was wondering how life is at ANZ LHR base? Is it friendly/happy? Also I was wondering if someone could PM me details of salary/allowances/take home etc. Was looking at direct entry FSM having been in this position at a certain "red airline" so would really appreciate your views and help.

Regards

speedmarque
27th Jul 2006, 15:36
Can ayone help with my above post. Thanks :{

GorgeousKiwiGal
1st Aug 2006, 11:12
Well eventually a reply - along the lines - quote
'We were very impressed with your interview but all our training places are full at the moment. We hope to contact you in the near future when we have further training spaces. Please inform us of any change in your circumstances'. - unquote. Is this a polite rejection or still in with a chance - any thoughts?

From what I have heard - you're definitely still in with a chance hun.

Air NZ LHR base is currently accepting secondments/transfers from it's Auckland, NZ base, hence why they have stopped hiring in the UK for now, or that's what I hear from the people in the know anyway.

If however, they do not get enough "suitable" people to transfer, then I am sure they will contact you and the other candidates. I'll let you know if I hear any more :) .

sebby
3rd Aug 2006, 03:23
Hey GKG..

Ive heard the LH recruitment for akl has been put on hold again until next year.... but if you're in the pool its worth just sticking it out i guess :)

GorgeousKiwiGal
7th Aug 2006, 14:47
Yep - you're right Sebby. Bummer for us in NZ.

They have been recruiting from within instead. Taking A/NZ s/h F/As and taking them over to l/h. They have also been recruiting the s/h AKL F/As for LHR transfers. Which is what I have always dreamed of and have worked towards for years! Let's hope they call my name next. *fingers and toes crossed*