PDA

View Full Version : Vale - Alex Pedashenko

tubby one
24th Jun 2006, 05:48
Todays Canberra Times records the passing of a somewhat larger than life member of the aviation community. Alexander G. Pedashenko (ex- RAAF) passed away in Osprey Florida on 19 June 2006. Alex was Master Air Pilot (GAPAN), member of RAeS and the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

Hugh Jarse
24th Jun 2006, 10:27
Had some time working with alex a few years ago. He was a laugh a minute. Somewhat unorthodox in the way he got things done, but he got results.

All the best to Alex's family...

catseye
24th Jun 2006, 12:38
As one of the benficiaries of Alex's model building skills some 35 years ago I can attest to his magnificent modelling skills. That intro and early mentoring to the principles of aviation, aircraft stability and basic aerodynamics has supported a long interest and career in aviation.

I can also attest to his unconventional approach in dropping concrete bombs on indigenous persons when the steel ones ran out.......

Think his most scary observation was to walk into the knuckleheads museum at willie to find he had flown just about all the types in the hangar.

Ran into him many years after that early introduction whilst he was working at Eastern and still building peanut scale and indoor rubber.

Knew he was sick but not in the states.

A sad loss the to aviation community. Definitely a Master Air Pilot.

the eye.

triadic
25th Jun 2006, 21:38
Alex represented the Guild on the NSW RAPAC for some years and was the Convenor for a while as well. Certainly a quite achiever.

Understand he was unwell for some years. He certainly left his mark and will be missed.

Our thoughts are with his friends and family

Ant O'Nov
26th Jun 2006, 03:20
I met Alex a few times while working in Vanuatu. He was brought over by the CAA every year as an independent 'Auditor'. I agree he was unconventional but a hell of a nice guy. Last time I saw him in Port Vila (2005) I remember thinking he looked very ill. We need more characters like him. Can't remember meeting many other auditors of his ilk.