PDA

View Full Version : What r u wearing to the gatbash???

marrymefly4free
23rd Jun 2006, 22:15
Hi girlies!! What is everyone wearing to the gatbash?? I've never been before and not sure what to wear any ideas??? :cool:

TightSlot
24th Jun 2006, 00:28
I shall be wearing Jimmy Choo's and nail varnish.

And a hat.

Farrell
24th Jun 2006, 00:48
I'll be wearing a big green thing.......

TFlyguy
24th Jun 2006, 05:15
Might be worth coming just to see that Tightslot!

flyblue
24th Jun 2006, 09:31
It depends! There is not really a dress code. Some people choose "dressy", especially the girls, in evening dress, but some guys too. (PPRuNe Radar in full Scottish attire is not to be missed :E ). Other people prefer casual. That's really up to you :)

sinala1
24th Jun 2006, 22:33
I'm just sorry I wont be able to make it :{ Had hoped I would be able to attend my first G'bash this year, however the whole 'trying to purchase a property' thing appears to have put the kibosh on any plans I had to go galavanding around the world to play with fellow pprune-ites :(

Firestorm
24th Jun 2006, 22:59
Low cut is always popular, especially with Whorly! :ok:

Rick Storm
25th Jun 2006, 00:44
Little as poss:E

Iulia
25th Jun 2006, 01:13
Guys, I know I probably sound like a d!ck, but what is a/the 'gatbash'? lol I don't understand what this whole thread is about!

Iulia
25th Jun 2006, 07:19
Don't mean to sound disrespectful... but sounds like some cult! lol thanks a lot for all the info... wow! its a lot to take in all of a sudden... you say its possible to get a free trip to England eyy? Interesting... I used to want to live in England, but am not so sure now... thanks again for the info!:ok:

flyagain1day
25th Jun 2006, 07:42
If I am not in bed by mid night I will go home. What will I wear, hopefully not much. :ok: :ok:

Rick Storm
25th Jun 2006, 18:43
My own view about dress for the bash, black tie for gents, evening gowns for the ladies. Good God! We don't want working class people such as pilots in jeans and denim shirts, reducing the opulence of the event.

I've seen drunken pilots in the loo having problems with their ILS sheer terror. Well that's my opinion. I might attend if mummy lets me stay out late.
Rick

ps. Just a thought...I hope the naughty ladies won't take advantage of me.

tart1
25th Jun 2006, 19:57
...I hope the naughty ladies won't take advantage of me.
I think that's exactly what you are hoping for!! :E

Why are we asking about what everyone is wearing?? Is there some sort of strict dress code. I thought it was 'anything goes'. :confused:

The Real Slim Shady
25th Jun 2006, 21:02
Why, in olden days a glimpse of stocking.............................:D :D :D

TFlyguy
25th Jun 2006, 21:12
Pilots dont wear jeans they have SPC's - Standard Positioning Chinos

Rick Storm
25th Jun 2006, 21:22
From a current female comedy series, can't think of her/program name????? But she takes the pi** from that guy in Corry St, the one who works in Rita's shop.

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!! HOW VERY VERY HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

TFlyguy
25th Jun 2006, 21:24
Catherine Tate

Rick Storm
25th Jun 2006, 21:28
I see your from Brighton, I was only joking about being gay, I'm not really. Tart1 recons I'm a stud and I've had loads of women.

Rick

TFlyguy
26th Jun 2006, 05:23
Not everyone from Brighton is gay ............

The barricades we put up on the A23 to stop the hetties coming in apparantly arent working!

flyblue
26th Jun 2006, 16:29
Sinala you are breaking my heart mate :{

sinala1
27th Jun 2006, 11:20
Flyblue I know mate, I am :{ too... was looking fwd to catching up with you finally! Mind you, trying to purchase a property is very very :ugh: so I may well end up coming over anyway - will let you know when I know!!!

Eddy
27th Jun 2006, 13:52
I'll try and make it to this year's Gatbash. Last one I attended was my first, back in December 2003. Felt a bit out numbered by flight-crew types (though that's not the reason I didn't attend any subsequent GBs) but if scheduling works in my favour, I'll put my name down!!!!

marrymefly4free
28th Jun 2006, 13:33
Thanks for the info guys!! Myself, flight girl and BM will all be there in our evening dresses (BM looking the most gorgeous as always!!) So we'll see you there!! :p

tart1
28th Jun 2006, 21:40
Well I reckon (having now read all the contributions to this thread) that I will wear a very short LBD - with no VPL showing!! :E

(There are only 2 ways of ensuring no VPL ..... wearing a thong or no knickers at all.)

We will get this thread moved to JB soon which is where it probably belongs!! :ooh: