PDA

View Full Version : Airservices not involved in bribes

Shitsu_Tonka
23rd Jun 2006, 21:01
No. 09 / 06
23 June 2006
Solomon Islands: payments to officials
Airservices Australia welcomes the announcement of an Australian National Audit Office
enquiry into the administration of the airspace management contract between Airservices
Australia and the Solomon Islands Government.
Airservices provides upper-level airspace management for the Solomon Islands Government.
Under the contract, Airservices collects fees from all airlines flying through Solomon Islands
airspace.
In 2003, an internal investigation within Airservices found that between 1998 and 2003 contract
payments totalling $2.2 million had been made to third parties, at the direction of senior
Solomon Islands officials. These payments involved fees collected from international airlines
and these payments were immediately stopped. No taxpayers’ funds were involved.
A subsequent Australian Federal Police investigation in 2005 did not identify any information or
activity that constituted an offence.
Airservices Chief Executive Officer Mr Greg Russell said today: “With the benefit of hindsight it
would have been better if the payments had not been made, but they were authorised at the
time by senior Solomon Islands Government officials.”
“It is clear Airservices internal processes at the time were inadequate. However, I am satisfied
that our corporate governance procedures have been significantly improved, and we would
welcome any suggestions for further improvement from the Audit Office.”
Media Enquiries: 02 6257 2828

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/media/press_releases/PR_060623.pdf

jumpuFOKKERjump
25th Jun 2006, 23:39
Gee, maybe Karrank was right?RHS claims Airservices bribed Saddam... (or something like that)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221539

tobzalp
26th Jun 2006, 00:15
No smoke without fire. Lets see where this one goes. TFN must just be chuffed he took on this gig. The house is literally falling down around him.

VH-GRUMPY
28th Jun 2006, 03:28
If this is true, it sounds no different than the AWB scandal.

If it can be proved these type of payements are a federal crime under the Ciminal Code (Bribery of Foreign Oficials) Act of 1999.

No one has yet been prosecuted but the AWB scandal proves that senior corporate officials are prepared to do anything to get the business.

:=

Ultralights
28th Jun 2006, 08:03
i wouldnt call the AWB incident a scandel! its more like the usual cost of doing business in Iraq, or most middle east countries. The American equiv of the AWB has a case of sour grapes after refusing to pay the exorborant shipping costs and losing contracts to the AWB

rmcdonal
28th Jun 2006, 08:53
I was of the impression Airservices was paying PPRUNE bribes?
Maybe I got it wrong :} :}

Scurvy.D.Dog
28th Jun 2006, 09:37
http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/aaa.gif
. :E

Woomera
28th Jun 2006, 10:53
What a coincidence!

The current Minister for Transport, responsible for ASA ..... was previously the Minister for Agriculture .... responsible for - yeah, you guessed it!!!

:E

roturb
28th Jun 2006, 11:18
Aw, c'mon Woom, it was back in Ando's time, that said 'not illegal' payments might have been made. And everyone gets in trouble with the auditors at some stage, even with creative accountants. And we know full well there's a certain risk to doing business with towel heads, grass skirts and sarongs...don't we all:rolleyes:

Woomera
28th Jun 2006, 11:45
That Woom

Hey I'm really enjoying my new penthouse suite on the beach at Noosa, but I'm not happy with the petrol consumption of my new 20m yacht, how's yours going.:ok:

Still as long as the brown paper bags keep coming who cares. :ok:

This Woom.:E

Pass-A-Frozo
28th Jun 2006, 13:12
... and I hear Elvis is still alive and the moon landing didn't actually happen..

better not mention the Top-Secret RAAF program relating to alien landings in the outback..

Scurvy.D.Dog
29th Jun 2006, 01:29
:} ..... geez P-A-F ..... we were not suppose to mention those things in public :8 ..... the men in black will be along shortly :E ....
Woom's ...... Noosa ..... thats not where you told us to ..... http://www.techhelpers.net/e4u/aliens/spacecraft.gif

Woomera
29th Jun 2006, 02:32
This Woom,
Next time you lot take my yacht out, at least have the decency to restock the bar:mad:
Bastards!
http://www.northshoreyachts.com.au/460/460maininfo.jpg
Woomera team on a fact-finding mission on Sydney Harbour.
Nothing found....

Send bill to Airservices. You know who:cool:

Woomera (Eastern States)

Pinky the pilot
29th Jun 2006, 11:41
Don't know which Woomera but.....
Someone left this rather bulky brown paper bag with me today. Said it was for 'The Aussie Pprune Big guy"
Advice required please.:confused: :uhoh: :cool: :suspect:

Woomera
29th Jun 2006, 13:01
Pinky mate;

Sorry about that, you were the only one I could think of in a hurry who would take delivery, there was some suss loony with a camera around when we were having a "quiet drink" so to speak .

Ring Chubbs straight away and they will send a van around with a cuppla really big guys to take it away, straight to the Cook Islands on my account. :ok:

I'll send a "thank you" gift if you just let me know your bank account details, unless you want cash.

We normally insist on, used notes, small demoninations, non consecutive numbers. :rolleyes: is that OK with you.:hmm:

Pinky the pilot
30th Jun 2006, 01:39
I had a look in the bag; You want me to ring Chubbs to pick up a Beef,Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich, (wholemeal bread) a Granny Smith apple and an orange/mango fruit drink????:confused: :confused: :uhoh: