PDA

View Full Version : What is the cost of Graduation in Pilots life?

iamanaussiemavrick
23rd Jun 2006, 14:03
Hi all...

I completed my 12 years in school and got my certificates.

I did in science stream..

I want to be a Pilot and want to work with some airlines.

I am confused right now with the comments i am getting.

Whether i should right now go for graduation or do my training now.

I am now 18..is there any advantage for me if I do my flight training now..or is it better to do a graduation degree like Engineering and do it after 4 yrs.

I want to know whether i would have any advantage if i do my training now.

I also heard that graduates are given preference...

Waiting 4 ur reply..

Regards

Kanak

jetstar1
24th Jun 2006, 10:47
Well unless you try for a cadetship or something similar I would suggest sooner rather than later. You will spend more than a few years in the pursuit of an airline career so unless you intend to be the oldest First Officer in the company get started ASAP.

Oh and,
I also heard that graduates are given preference
Most companies are more interested in how many hours in your logbook.

Good luck :ok:

p.s. Maverick has an E ya goose

iamanaussiemavrick
24th Jun 2006, 13:22
Hi,,

That's Koooll...

So it's better that i start now..

Can a pilot who has been working for a while with some airlines fails in his renewal medical...and if he does not has a graduation..what would be his future..????:bored: :bored: :bored:

Regards

Kanak

hoss
24th Jun 2006, 23:22
have a guess :rolleyes: .

Flyboy_01
25th Jun 2006, 02:24
:ugh:

Is this another jetrider whine up.

jetstar1
25th Jun 2006, 07:54
Well that's one way to look at it...

Don't fail your medical and you won't end up working at the golden arches.

Gooose
25th Jun 2006, 09:24
I think learning to write english properly would be your first goal to accomplish.

:p

iamanaussiemavrick
25th Jun 2006, 09:37
Why saying that....

Indians are good in ENGLISH....may be better than others of eng speaking countries..

I think i can do my graduation after i do my training as part time..

I think of taking an MBA in my late 30's......from IIM....I need a graduation 4 that..

Oktas8
25th Jun 2006, 09:58
It seems to me Mr Mavrick, that there are three sorts of pilots in the world that you need to know about.

Type 1). They don't have a degree and don't regret not having one. They will give you many reasons, mostly true, why you don't need one.

Type 2). They do have a degree and don't regret taking three or four years getting it. They will give you many reasons, mostly true, why you should get one.

Type 3). These people are so busy making careers for themselves they don't have time to post on PPRuNe!

So, I would say that hard work, intelligence, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve, are more important than the age at which (or qualification with which) you get your first job. Would you like a degree and are you interested in university? Get a degree. Are you more of a hands-on, I-want-to-fly-now kind of person? Get a career started.

If any of youse other mugs want to ask whether I have a degree, you have completely missed the point. :p

Good luck mavrick,
O8

iamanaussiemavrick
25th Jun 2006, 10:37
Kool Buddy...

Wanted this situation as said by u in aviaition..

Wanted to confirm tht..

Best wishes to all in their aviation career......

Hope we all can make it big ..

Regards and Prayers

rmcdonal
25th Jun 2006, 10:44
Why saying that....
Indians are good in ENGLISH
Ok thats funny :}

Altimeters
25th Jun 2006, 11:02
Can you tell me why all you Indians think you can come out here, finish a commercial pilot course and then expect to go straight into the airlines??

We actually have standards here in Australia. Going into the airlines is not something that you can buy like many of you believe. It takes hard work, discipline and dedication. Something which you Indians don't seem to understand what it's all about. If you wanna get into an airline WAIT IN LINE just like the rest of us and actually work hard to get there.

:ugh:

The Messiah
25th Jun 2006, 11:16
MAVRICK

Go for it! I look forward to hearing you blocking the HF frequencies thru Yangon with Air India or to hearing your 'very good at ENGLISH' sitting in Mumbai when I phone Telstra customer service.

ALTIMETERS

These standards in Australia you speak of? Are they high or low? Is Australia continually raising the bar or lowering it? Is Aviation in Australia on all fronts now better or worse than it was 20 years ago?

Oh that's super!
25th Jun 2006, 17:08
It seems to me Mr Mavrick, that there are three sorts of pilots in the world that you need to know about.

Type 1). They don't have a degree and don't regret not having one. They will give you many reasons, mostly true, why you don't need one.

Type 2). They do have a degree and don't regret taking three or four years getting it. They will give you many reasons, mostly true, why you should get one.

Type 3). These people are so busy making careers for themselves they don't have time to post on PPRuNe!

You forgot Type 4). They do have a degree and regret taking three or four years getting it while they could have been flying. A number of my friends are saying that quite often.:zzz: