PDA

View Full Version : Cresco seat up for grabs

Dixons Cider
23rd Jun 2006, 10:32
This is only a cut and paste on my behalf, just wish to spread the word to an Aggies on the lookout..

Work Type: Full Time

Sub-Classification: Aviation/Airline
Area: Rest of Nth Island

Advertiser: Taumarunui Aerial Co-Op Ltd
Salary: NZ$130,000 - $180,000

PILOT

CENTRAL NORTH ISLAND NEW ZEALAND

Experienced agricultural topdressing pilot required. Turbine time preferabe. Latest Cresco aircraft and loading equipment provided.

The applicant must be highly motivated, a team player and willing to develop good P.R. with shareholder clients. This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated person to advance a career in the Topdressing Industry with the prospect of promotion to the Chief Pilots position upon his retirement.

For the right applicant we are prepared to pay well in excess of the industry average. The position is for a self-employed contractor, responsible for all work scheduling and pricing of jobs. Invoices however are prepared by our administration staff.

The annual amount is indicative only as contractors are paid for Tonnes of fertiliser sown.

E-mail [email protected] or [email protected]

camel jockey
23rd Jun 2006, 13:21
Mr Dixon,
For a 180,000 G'S, might even have a crack at it myself bro! if there's room on the plane back to NZ.

Dixons Cider
24th Jun 2006, 08:54
Yeah doesn't sound too bad eh, wish I had some time on the flying tractor meself!!

Would this package be representative of the sort of deals that are out there in the Ag world?

Agwaggon
24th Jun 2006, 21:32
Good Question Dixons!!
However this subject matter seems to be either to sensitive to the main of Ag pilots down under or perhaps they simply don't care. A couple of us tried to shake the cage a bit on this one a couple of months ago with nill result! :ugh:
Maybe they were all a bit to tired at the time. I'll have a look back and perhaps I can bring that Ag pilot wages thread back up the top again.
A year or more ago there were some good people out there contributing some experienced and valued thoughts to topics raised here. None of them touched this one!!
C188

camel jockey
27th Jun 2006, 05:29
Agwaggon! What are you waiting for,I would like to see the old thread on wages,if you could fire it up again you might find some interest seeing we all have nothing much to do at the moment.

nzmarty
27th Jun 2006, 06:12
here's the contacts. i'd be in if i had the ag quals - pt6 yes, cresco no :(

http://jobstuff.co.nz/99630ef5d620373f/details.html?source=search&top=1&first=1&advert_id=629603&maxrow=7

Turboman
27th Jun 2006, 07:30
Yeah doesn't sound too bad eh, wish I had some time on the flying tractor meself!!
Would this package be representative of the sort of deals that are out there in the Ag world?
Generally, yes, for an experienced, turbine driver in Aus.

Big Nasty
28th Jun 2006, 16:02
some one has their dix in side of you !!! 180 for a cresco that is a lot of tonnes bro ?
BEST of luck to the lucky man who gets that job
:{

Dixons Cider
29th Jun 2006, 09:20
Ohh that was nasty... :}

Agwaggon
30th Jun 2006, 08:46
OK Turbo. Assuming that the contract thing is no longer the norm as has been discussed in a previous thread. How many PAYE drivers do you know than can reliably pull in 180K?
I emphasis that I am NOT talking about contract.

Turboman
1st Jul 2006, 05:13
It is not my understanding that the contact thing is no longer the norm, at this stage anyway.

Who said reliably pull in 180K. Only you I think.

The add said $130,000 to $180,000.

Read carefully.

Agwaggon
1st Jul 2006, 05:56
Thanks Turbo,
Well, whilst I'll admit that the views put forward on here a couple of months ago on the wage thread would only be a very small cross section. That was certainly the opinion there by a long shot.
Couple that with my own cross section of people in the industry and I think that is where we may now well be!!
A few large companys are still on the contract thing but they have full time guys there on a contract basis and that mat not hold up.
Genuin contractors are out there roaming about and they can have some excellent returns that true. But it's a life not many of us wish for hey!
130/180K's?? Ok i'll split the diff with you Turbo, lets say 155K. Reliably.
That is certianly not the feedback that I'm getting over the past few years my friend. Not by full time, paye drivers.
If your in an 8 ok, but if your not ??? thats an average turnover of 1.2 to 1.3 per year. A little less if its night but thats on the decline as well.
Thanks for you input though Turbo. I wish a few more of those that have been around for awhile would come in.