PDA

View Full Version : Bribane to Coffs

sebrof
23rd Jun 2006, 06:28
what carriers operate brisbane to coffs? Are there any discounted fares?

ozangel
23rd Jun 2006, 07:07
I think its just Sunshine Express in the Metro doing it direct. Some of their return flights fly via PMQ (CFS-PMQ-BNE) by the look of it.

Virgin offer a connecting flight via sydney which gets you in about 4pm...

The fares are much higher than i remember, (looking between $185 and $225 booking ahead). Used to be as low as $99 a year or two ago. I think even the old QF fare was $131 or something.

It used to be Sunstate in the dash, and a local company (Coffs Coast Jet Centre) in a titan for a short period. The former was squeezed out.

ContactMeNow
23rd Jun 2006, 11:23
Sunshine Express are the only RPT service that fly Brisbane to Coffs DIRECT. Virgin and QF will offer connecting flights via Sydney.

From memory BNE-CFS starts at around $175 one way, the high price is a result of no competition. A metro services the route.

Coffs Jetless centre dont do any RPT anymore, from what I know. They only do charter and Instructing, plus the odd contract for the national parks and wildlife in the Partbanana.

If you want to dick around and go cheap, then if you are lucky, you can get a cheap flight to Sydney (either Jet* or DJ) and then a connecting flight to Coffs with DJ for around $69 (pending the days you wish to travel). The last flight into Coffs with DJ arrives at 1555.

Hope it helps...

CMN :ok: