PDA

View Full Version : Share sim time in Sydney

kmagyoyo
23rd Jun 2006, 03:54
Hi Ppruners,

I have my 2nd interview 2/3 August and would be keen to do the practice run around mid-late July. If anyones interested in sharing the sim in SYD drop me a PM.

Cheers :ok:

superfrozo
23rd Jun 2006, 04:19
As per the title...:E

jynt
23rd Jun 2006, 06:28
i hope i don't sound ignorant but can you please tell me what you mean by sharing sim time? is it because you need rent some kind of a simulator and you want someone to share with you to split costs?

FCS Explorer
23rd Jun 2006, 07:01
thats usually the way it's meant. and since flightdecks have 2 seats (mostly) u can share the fun. and the cost. and switch seats half way thru. and the guy to join up can act as CP/FO, so the instructor usually provided with the sim can focus on operating the scenario controls.

kmagyoyo
24th Jun 2006, 01:06
I gather from Guys who have done this; you pay QF $xxxx for your hour(s) in the seat and then your free to sit in the jump seat and observe your buddy run through his/her profile (and vice versa) ie you get an hour PF and an hour 'observing' for the same bucks. If you go by yourself then obviously you don't get to watch anyone else do the profile.

And as you all know you have far more spare brain space to absorb info when your not actually PF!!

Back to the books :{

Bendo
25th Jun 2006, 14:13
And for the record, what ARE you paying QF for your Sim time? For future reference... :ok:

V1650
29th Jun 2006, 10:44
Hi all , those that have done the 747 sim prep in Sydney can you post or PM the address details and the hourly rate ,thanks, V 1650