PDA

View Full Version : Interlink Airlines

grjplanes
22nd Jun 2006, 21:20
I see on amadeus.net that Interlink is starting 2 daily flights between JNB and MQP from July with EMB-120, any truth in this, do they have an aircraft already?
Do they actually still fly between JNB and CPT?

cigar
22nd Jun 2006, 21:26
Was at JNB today and their ticket office was very much open advertising JNB-CPT, furthermore there was actually what looked like a customer standing there!

Heard stories about JNB-MQP with EMB120s a couple of months ago, any idea of the reg(s) of the 120s?

flare and touchdown!
27th Jun 2006, 19:48
Interlink have devised a Schedule for Jo-Burg - Cape Town 5 times a week with fares from ZAR499 single - exluding taxes. Interesting - i wonder if they'll survive on the route?!?

They are operating a Boeing 737-200 on the route.

Goldfish Jack
27th Jun 2006, 20:16
A few facts about Interlink

On their FPL it states IN ie a non-scheduled flight
On the a/c is states "This a/c is owned and operated by SAFAIR"

The only time u see the a/c in Cape Town is the day before a big sporting event and it leaves the day afterwards - clear evidence they are only ops charters down here.

They have several slots but the a/c is seldom seen down here.

It has been in Cape Town 2 times during the last 2 months!

As to them surviving - do you really think Moerat is going to make money on this route with an apparant 5 flts a week - DREAM ON

FUG
28th Jun 2006, 07:48
I hear he has now purchased two of the 737-200's from Safair. I also hear, but can't believe, (or can I) that he has been awarded some more government contracts.

GULF69
28th Jun 2006, 12:06
Not surprised FUD, he's very well connected in the government...