PDA

View Full Version : I have some Questions.

iamanaussiemavrick
22nd Jun 2006, 12:31
Hi,

I have got some doubts..

I was going to start my flight training in sydney for my CPL.

But i am only 18 now and i am not a graduate.

Should i consider doing my training after a graduation or this the best time for me.

Also is it better for me to do graduation as a part time(or distance edu..).

How should i go on with things..

Regards

Kanak

Flyboy_01
22nd Jun 2006, 21:27
Graduate of what? Tertiary education or high school?

jetbrett
23rd Jun 2006, 05:33
Because you are only 18 I am gathering that you are talking about high school. Depends on your hours but I would probably wait, because if you have to do command time, theory and high school exams at the same time, you will probably at the expense of one, let the other one slide. So wait until you have finished school, until then build some command over the weekends or something. If you have got the command time well thats a start. If you havent done the CPL theory exams I would definetely wait, your brain will overload and you wont be at a disadvantage if you wait six months. There are many vairants and with the information you have given it is a bit hard to give you more advice. Post back and I might be able to advise you a bit more.

Flyboy_01
23rd Jun 2006, 06:25
But I never knew you could do distance education or part time with high school! :E

Continental-520
23rd Jun 2006, 08:08
Are you in Sydney already?

Definitely get your high school certificate before anything, I say.

If I were you mate, see what you can find in India (if you're still there)in the way of training, cause it seems the progression into airline jobs over there is a lot less competitive than here. That's if you want to go that way with your flying career, though.

Otherwise, maybe do your training here and go back there once finished. What do you think?

iamanaussiemavrick
23rd Jun 2006, 10:05
Hi Jetbret,

I completed my 12 years in school and got my certificates.

I did in science stream..

I want to be a Pilot and want to work with some airlines.

I am confused right now with the comments i am getting.

Whether i should right now go for graduation or do my training now.

I am now 18..is there any advantage for me if I do my flight training now..or is it better to do a graduation degree like Engineering and do it after 4 yrs.

I want to know whether i would have any advantage if i do my training now.

I also heard that graduates are given preference...

Waiting 4 ur reply..

Regards

Kanak