PDA

View Full Version : To all the BA CREW

crib08
21st Jun 2006, 16:49
This may be very cheeky of me to ask, but I have to know.

I am travelling to OZ with BA next month on standby. I am only going to be there for a few days to visit my dad for his 50th birhtday. I am wondering what my chances were of getting upgraded or just getting a couple of seats or an exit seat.?

I was wondering how to approach the situation, should i just go up to a crew member and ask if there are any spear exit seats and hope the convo will lead in the right direction, or should I say to a crew member that I am crew (MONARCH) if they need me for anything and hope something goes from there?

Actually do BA Upgrade? I have travelled, positioning to Accra with ba and they were unable to upgrade us but the crew were so nice they looked after us with drinks and gave us the spare seats.

I hope this isnt too cheeky in asking you guys but I know I try to look after airline crew when they fly with us and I think its a universal thing with the airlines, apart from cathay!

Hope to hear from anyone on the subject soon.

Thanks

Crib08 :ok:

flyyy
21st Jun 2006, 18:25
upgrades only happen when a flight is overbooked in economy. Then staff have priority over passengers to get upgraded. but if the flight is not overbooked, there are no upgrades.
as for emergency exit seats, free seats and so on... you will be the last ones to get your seats as you ll only be allocated seats after everybody else checked in. which means you have to take what is left. if you are lucky, emergency exit was not taken by a passenger, then you might get it. If you are unlucky only some middle seats are left...

FormerFlyer
21st Jun 2006, 19:46
Ask the crew directly and if poss ask the CSD if s/he is doing boarding duty. I found this works more often than not.

What's the worst they can say? No!

cheers ;)
FF

OzzieO
21st Jun 2006, 20:10
Those flights down to Oz are normally full would be surprised if there is space available in club!

newbagr
22nd Jun 2006, 09:28
we dont eveb upgrade our own staff most of the times what makes you think they will upgrade staff from other airlines....:-) well i hope you get it but seriously doubt it!!!!

tiggerific_69
22nd Jun 2006, 11:08
ive just come back stby from BKK on BA and asked for exit seats because my other half is 6'5" and has a bit of difficulty with the tray tables,leg room etc,and the best thing to do is ask at check in.some people are miserable and sour faced,but some can see the problem,seeing as he's standing next to me so they can see im not bulls****ing,and some of the check in staff are helpful.on the way to BKK,economy was full so we ended up in traveller plus anyway,but on the return there were some seats in economy but somehow the check in agent got us seats behind each other,him being on the exit row,and for this we were extremely grateful.i hate asking for it because i know the first thing they think is that were asking for an upgrade when were not.ask anyway,you might get lucky,if not,ask the crew onboard!good luck!