PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Biz jet time ....?

boogie-nicey
21st Jun 2006, 11:12
I just wondering whether the same 500hrs on type holds as much weight on Biz jets as it does for the wider body airline counterparts. I realise that you'd still need as much time as possible on type but is it strictly a 500hr makr or maybe 250hrs or successful completion of 6 months employment elsewhere in the world?

Another point of concern is whether Biz jet operators are forthcoming in talking with you about recruitment issues when you turn up in person is this a definate no-no, after all I wouldn't want top step on any toes. But I do know one thing my only aim in aviation is to fly for corporate as I have had little interest in the bus style of airline operations.

Would appreciate any help or feedback regarding this.

boogie-nicey
22nd Jun 2006, 15:08
I guess all the Biz Jets guys are on 'tour' at the moment, hey-ho that's the life and why I want to join them.

Have a good one ... :ok:

Oluf
22nd Jun 2006, 16:32
Take a look at ppjn.com, it lists requirements for various bizjet operators.

Knocking on doors has its ups and downs, if your timing is right--great, if not it might backfire, but seldom does. Lot's of networking in this segment of aviation. Time on type often required, but other relevant experience is valued as well. Remember the right type of time does not neccesarily make the right pilot.

Good luck

O:ok:

boogie-nicey
23rd Jun 2006, 08:41
Thanks Oluf my friend that helps and I shall indeed take on your advice of being somewhat catious of knocking on doors needlessly. However I would nevertheless want pilot to meet me in person so that they can get an impression of my character, I really quite a nice and friendly chap you know :E

Have a nice day ....
:ok: