PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH- ALAEA ELECTION RESULTS

REALITY
21st Jun 2006, 07:13
it appears that we will soon have a new exec in place to take us into the future.
:confused: But hold on to your seats........the current exec are set to contest the result on a technicality. Apparently QF missed a payment of union dues so they claim many voters are non financial.
:ugh: Does this sound familiar to anyone?? Surprise surprise....they are trying to manipulate the voice of the members to their advantage once again. Keep having votes untill the result they want is achieved.:=
:ok: But we know that the voice of the members is loud and clear.
ooroo boys;)

Turbo 5B
21st Jun 2006, 07:23
You can't post a "news" flash here.
But it sounds like a good thing though.

Apophis
21st Jun 2006, 08:45
ALAEA
As usual keep voting untill we get the the result we want:ugh:

BARON DRIVER
21st Jun 2006, 10:54
no doubt QF will support this claim by the exec!

numbskull
21st Jun 2006, 12:06
Gee, I couldn't have predicted that!!!

If that's their best hope of remaining in power then God help those that are left if they're sucessful. The membership has spoken.

Syd eng
21st Jun 2006, 12:22
Is there a website that we can find the results or will we have to wait?

Turbo 5B
21st Jun 2006, 20:47
Yes...it is this one.

Sunfish
21st Jun 2006, 21:32
Good Luck guys. I guess the union will only last long enough to destroy your profession.

REALITY
21st Jun 2006, 22:18
results should be out today....

Sunfish
22nd Jun 2006, 03:32
My guess is your results won't be out today. My guess is that the ALEA executive will have asked for and received an injunction prohibiting their release until the matter of the "unfinancial" members is sorted out which will take.......years. Of course the simplest thing is to have another ballot, but that will be studiously avoided.

REALITY
22nd Jun 2006, 08:43
:) all members first team elected to office with the exception of qf staff councillor.

cheerio to the old boys :ok: :D

domo
22nd Jun 2006, 08:49
any score was it a landslide or close?

chemical alli
22nd Jun 2006, 08:54
so jump for joy you say lets not put the horse before the cart.so now comes the waiting game word is the company was waiting on the result to see just how far to take redudancies .will the new exec support the members like the old gaurd did?

Turbo 5B
22nd Jun 2006, 09:59
Bring it on! :D

masterstroke
22nd Jun 2006, 11:41
I hope that the Tulla Heavy Maintenance guys enjoy their new jobs with Forstaff at Avalon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Turbo 5B
22nd Jun 2006, 11:46
If Qantas think that any redundancy program at Tullermarine will be any easier for them they have another thing coming.

REALITY
22nd Jun 2006, 12:06
any score was it a landslide or close?

it was a landslide....approx 900 to 300 for senior positions

BARON DRIVER
22nd Jun 2006, 12:06
well if tulla is in the gun sight, hopefully the alaea and the ame metals fight the battle together?

Turbo 5B
22nd Jun 2006, 12:10
What a damn fine strategy. It's a shame that no one has thought of that before.

fordran
22nd Jun 2006, 12:16
Results faxed through from Mel.

President
PC-835
MO-354
KH-92

Federal Secretary
TH-437
SP-844

Senior VP
MW-799
SK-477

Assistant Sec
SF-434
WV-846

VP
TZ-397
WB-882

Trustees 2
GH-402
FH-453
SR-817
MG-840

Qantas Councillors
VV
MF
PC
RMc
BB
CH

Forstaff Councillors
PP
DM

Staff Councillor
RY

Every single Senior Official has been ousted in a ladslide with the Members First Team Qantas and Forstaff Councillors all elected along with their buddies in the Senior ranks.

"If you sit by the bank of the river long enough you will see the dead bodies of your enemies go floating by." (Sun Tzu 400BC)

Good work boys it has been a long time coming. :)

mahatmacoat
22nd Jun 2006, 12:23
Looks like that rules out any opportunity to contest it in court.

BARON DRIVER
22nd Jun 2006, 12:32
Well done guys :D

Mr Qantas
22nd Jun 2006, 13:25
That results is a load of rubish I rang the alaea office today and they told me there wont be any news until tommorow but it is typical of how those Melbourne liars work. The most of our members I now are happy with the stability of the current people and have voted acordingly. So go dream on and wish you had what it takes to make a difference and god help us if any of the troublemakers fall over the line. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The masked goatrider
22nd Jun 2006, 21:58
First posted on GLSOL 2 years ago

Now for a story of past and present told by a breath of wind that circled the coast. At the beginning there was a workforce and it had no direction and workers met and discussed a vision for the future. On the first day they created an office and it was in Kogarah, they told the office to sit tight for you shall soon be filled

On the second day they created a body and that body was called the Executive. There was no creature yet capable of becoming the body so it sat idle, something that the executive came known for.

On the third day they created the asn staff. There was no creature yet capable of being employed so they employed incompetents. They refused to answer or return calls.

On day four they manufactured a cabinet and in it they placed a bottle of red wine. The label on the bottle read – “This bottle will refill itself from members funds but be warned for he who drinks from the bottle shall be forever tainted.”

On day four they signed the awards. In it were many clauses to protect the workforce. They now felt secure.

On the fifth day they were given free airline tickets. They placed them in the Kogarah office and the tickets waited for a creature to use them. For no creature had yet been created to use the tickets.

On the sixth day they held an election to fill the Executive. It was run by the AEC who had a long history of losing bags filled with ballot papers.

On the seventh day the results were declared. There was joy as the operation was now capable of running within and outside the bounds of the rules. The leader was a proud man, too bold to work for an airline, and he was paid.

Now the leader did his work without question and he was proud of his achievements so he asked the workers to give him a wife. They sent him one from Brisbane and told him that his new wife had a good record, they had videos to prove it. His wife was full of joy, but she was a dummy. She wandered around aimlessly, too thick to distinguish the day from the night. She was taken by a demon into the bars and eating houses around Coogee, and she enjoyed it. She had developed a taste for the highlife and desired more. She saw the bottle of red wine in the cabinet and chose to ignore the warning on the label, she drank from it, and it tasted good.

Now the leader was busy typing newsletters about the ships of shame when the wife approached him with the bottle. She asked him to drink from the bottle but the leader was wiser than that. He read the warning and said to his wife “I will not be infected with the wrath of evil”. Now the wife cracked the sads, for we all know how lonely it can be drinking alone. She said “if you do not drink, I won’t lie down with thee on this fine evening” “the wine is good, it has made me invincible, the only side effect is the constant lean of my head to the left hand side of my body”.

So the leader drank. They laughed together, both with heads leaning to the left of their body. They took small portions of the wine and laced the coffee of the office staff with it. On the evening of that day the man and wife laid together. They made love and 113 days later (the gestation period of a common swine) a child was born. The named him Igor.

Igor was a good creature and he refused to drink from the bottle. He soon was given a brother, they called him Svetna. Now Svetna was fed from the breast and so was infected by the wine. Svetna could see that the members were unhappy. For Igor had shown them some light. The bottle of red wine was held high by Igor in front of the members, they demanded it be taken to the top of an impassable mountain and hidden from the leaders.

Svetna was waiting in a windswept valley, his tusks sharpened and parents behind him. Svetna hid behind a big rock that was painted with a large red triangle. As his brother approached he charged. At the point of impact Svetnas head tilted to the left and only one task pierced its target. Svetna and his parents had not noticed and they rejoiced. The parents allowed free and open drinking from the bottle to all their family and the staff from the Kogorah office.

Unbeknown to them, Igor had survived and was healed by a tribe of farmers from south of the border. He was given a bride and they raised their own tribe. A family free from the evils of the wine bottle. A pure race that was rewarded by the gods of the seven harps with higher intellect and untainted morals.

Time passed, the days turned to weeks, the weeks into years the years into millennia and the story of the beginning was forgotten. The new executive had been formed with great men that had descended from the original leader and his wife. Their hand was still on the bottle and their declared it part of their heritage. For it was their god given right to drink from it and nothing could be done to stop them. For they were invincible.

Now a new child had been born in a land to the South. He had brothers, and they came from the pure race. They won seats on the ancient executive and so they sat in the office in Bexley. It was not long before the truth was to surface. The pure bore witness to many a session around the red bottle. The ancient laws had been broken by the tainted ones.

The awards built to protect the members had long been destroyed. All the free airline tickets had been used and the wine that was to sit in the cabinet was now being shared by too many. There was squabbling. In the commotion the label fell off the bottle and landed in the hands of the pure. The leaders had noticed the label was missing, they knew it was the key to their secrets and the members could not find out.
They murdered the one from the South with the label, but it could not be found. Before his death he had copied it and gave it to his brothers. Now the brothers waited, for they knew their time would come, there was rumour of the label in the great Northern regions but the members were told it was just misinformation. They were told to ignore the myth and only obey official commands from the Bexley office or fat men with large tool belts.

The doors at Bexley were locked. A secret passage from times long past was opened. It led to an aircraft Hangar at Mascot. The passage was filled with snakes and only those who also created the venom allowed passage. An inner sanctum was created and those with immunity could reach the Bexley premises to share the wine.

The Northern members not in the sanctum began to dry out, the great myth from the South was growing credibility and spread quickly among the Northern members. The Northern camp became divided, half loyal to the incumbents and the heritage they protected, the other loyal to themselves and their right to participate in their own affairs without infection from the wine that had become so bitter and addictive.

The freed souls met with the Southern cousins who gave them copies of the label from the bottle. The truth was known and the myth was now a fully verified fact. The office was stormed; the bottle was seized and destroyed in a ceremony called the dawn of our time. The old guard and those loyal to it lived for many years, for they knew they had sinned and judgment day would greet when their days expired.

On the new day the work commenced. The awards were restored. The members had meetings. The EBAs were negotiated by those capable of the task. The finances were brought onto order and a new bottle of pure water was placed in the ancient cabinet. It had a new label affixed and it read – “This bottle will refill itself from members funds and shall be freely available to all members who respect and stand by their brothers. Arrogant airline managers who attempt to drink from this bottle shall have their contracts terminated.”

And it was over.

Redstone
23rd Jun 2006, 02:11
That results is a load of rubish I rang the alaea office today and they told me there wont be any news until tommorow but it is typical of how those Melbourne liars work. The most of our members I now are happy with the stability of the current people and have voted acordingly. So go dream on and wish you had what it takes to make a difference and god help us if any of the troublemakers fall over the line. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Look at the scoreboard old son, you and your mates obviously live in a vaccume divorced from reality. The membership has spoken. Cool heads must prevail.

fordran
23rd Jun 2006, 07:55
Looks pretty official to me Mr Qantarse :{

The Australian Licenced Aircraft Engineers Association
Federal Executive 2006

DECLARATION OF RESULTS FOR UNCONTESTED AND CONTESTED OFFICES

Results of the election for the following offices conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Workplace Relations Act 1996 and the rules of the organisation.

E2006/112

Federal Executive

Total number of persons on the roll of voters 3054
Ballot papers issued 3036
Duplicate ballot papers issued 20
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ISSUED 3056
Ballot papers/envelopes returned for scrutiny 1303
Less ballot papers/envelopes rejected at preliminary scrutiny 0
Adjusting Balance 0
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ADMITTED TO SCRUTINY 1303
Percentage of ballot papers returned to number issued 42%
Ballot papers returned as unclaimed mail 17
Ballot papers not returned 1736

Federal President

Candidates Votes

COUSINS, Paul 835
O'RANCE, Michael 355
HAASE, Kevin David 92

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 1282
Formal ballot papers 1282
Informal ballot papers 3

I declare Paul Cousins elected.

Senior Vice-President

Candidates Votes

WEITENBERG, Michael 800
KENNY, Shane 477

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 1277
Formal ballot papers 1277
Informal ballot papers 8

I declare Michael Weitenberg elected.

Vice-President

Candidates Votes

ZAVARISE, Tizan 394
BELL, Wesley 886

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 1280
Formal ballot papers 1280
Informal ballot papers 5

I declare Wesley Bell elected.

Federal Secretary

Candidates Votes

HEYWOOD, Tim 437
PURVINAS, Stephen 845

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 1282
Formal ballot papers 1282
Informal ballot papers 3

I declare Stephen Purvinas elected.

Assistant Federal Secretary

Candidates Votes

FENECH, Steve 435
VASTA, Wayne Biagio 845

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 1280
Formal ballot papers 1280
Informal ballot papers 5

I declare Wayne Biagio Vasta elected.

Trustees (2)

Candidates Votes

HERZIK, George 402
HAINES, Fergus 453
RE, Steve 817
GANT, Mark 840

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 2512
Formal ballot papers 1283
Informal ballot papers 2

I declare Mark Gant and Steve Re elected.

Total number of persons on the roll of voters 326
Ballot papers issued 326
Duplicate ballot papers issued 5
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ISSUED 331
Adjusting Balance 0
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ADMITTED TO SCRUTINY 212
Percentage of ballot papers returned to number issued 64%
Ballot papers returned as unclaimed mail 0
Ballot papers not returned 119

Councillor - Forstaff Avalon (2)

Candidates Votes

MORARJI, Danny 61
PARASRAM, Paras 65
SVENSSON, Franklin 45
ARTHUR, Robin S. 41

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 212
Formal ballot papers 212
Informal ballot papers 0

I declare Danny Morarji and Paras Parasram elected.

Total number of persons on the roll of voters 1626
Ballot papers issued 1626
Duplicate ballot papers issued 17
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ISSUED 1643
Adjusting Balance 0
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ADMITTED TO SCRUTINY 864
Percentage of ballot papers returned to number issued 52%
Ballot papers not returned 781

Councillor - QANTAS Airways (6)

Candidates Votes

MURPHY, Don 257
VULIN, Vinko 567
FALCONER, Mark BG 561
MURRAY, Luke 263
CAIL, Paul 586
MCDIARMID, Lloyd Andrew 74
HALL, Christopher J 581
BRADBURY, Brett 601
HAMBLY, Ian (Shaka) 260
LEO, Chris 218
MCGEE, Robert 603
LAUS, Vinko 47
ROBERTSON, Neil James 229
MCDOUGALL, David 226
COGHLAN, Francis Gerard 77

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 5150
Formal ballot papers 862
Informal ballot papers 2

I declare Brett Bradbury, Paul Cail, Mark BG Falconer, Christopher J Hall, Robert McGee and Vinko Vulin elected.

Total number of persons on the roll of voters 450
Ballot papers issued 450
Duplicate ballot papers issued 0
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ISSUED 450
Adjusting Balance 0
TOTAL BALLOT PAPERS ADMITTED TO SCRUTINY 137
Percentage of ballot papers returned to number issued 30%
Ballot papers not returned 313

Councillor - Staff Councillor

Candidates Votes

HORDYK, Rob 52
YOUNG, Ralph 84

Exhausted Votes 0
Loss/Gain by Fraction 0
Total votes 136
Formal ballot papers 136
Informal ballot papers 1

I declare Ralph Young elected.

Councillor - QANTAS controlled or aligned Regional Airlines

Candidate
DADGE, Kevin William

I declare Kevin William Dadge elected.

Councillor - Virgin Blue or its Maintenance and Repair Organisation

Candidate
WATSON, Michael

I declare Michael Watson elected.

Councillor - Regional Airlines

Candidate
No nomination was received

No candidates elected.

Councillor - General Aviation Operators

Candidate
No nomination was received

No candidates elected.

Turbo 5B
23rd Jun 2006, 10:05
Any one know what Qf's reaction has been to the change of political parties in Bexley?
I heard that an ex IR manager now at domestics SYD has gone pretty quiet.
By the way, Congratulations to all the elected candidates. May you serve the members honestly and with integrity.

BHMvictim
23rd Jun 2006, 10:36
What a damn fine strategy. It's a shame that no one has thought of that before.

They did!! However the current ALAEA exec (RIP) considered themselves above the rest of us mere AME scum, and would never consider working with our unions.

Hope this all changes!:ok:

(Note I said "working with" and not "being taken over by" our unions, as some current ALAEA exec (RIP) were scaremongering about the place).

Turbo 5B
23rd Jun 2006, 11:11
Any union with half a brain would work with other unions.

socks
23rd Jun 2006, 13:24
I suppose this means that BD won't be back now.

Brake Boy
25th Jun 2006, 10:20
As the dust settles and we prepare for the coming of the new executive, what have we heard of our executive members, former and to be?

Rumour has it the Mick O has been 'well looked after by QANTAS'. I don't know exactly what that means. Maybe someone can elaborate.

BB

soldier of fortune
25th Jun 2006, 21:39
yes -my friends in bne line have told me the same thing-:sad:

Redstone
26th Jun 2006, 11:07
So tell us, how well has he been "looked after"?

Bumpfoh
27th Jun 2006, 12:24
A fine result and well done to the Members First Team.:ok: :D

At last the rank and file will have a chance to be heard and not just given lip service as has happened in the past, especially during EBA negotioations.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

And perhaps an end to the drivel that is posted by the likes of Mr Q, Crystal Marina and company! :yuk:

The Mr Fixit
28th Jun 2006, 12:20
Well dip me in honey and throw me to the lesbians :)

Could you have predicted that outcome ? :E

Whipped like a red headed step child :{

Enough said :ok:

sonhouse
30th Jun 2006, 13:19
Let us all hope the new broom is what they profess to be.
The members first has offered a totally new approach when it comes to the leadership of the Association.
Members will become extremely dissappointed if all they witness is blame of the previous administration and change is not evident.
The platform of the members first drive is business will not be carried out as done by the previous administration.
The members first Exectutive take over on 01July and a certain period of transition needs to be allowed for the new incumbents, this period should not be endless and blame on the previous should not be an excuse for no change.
New Federal Executive you now have the yoke we will be watching how you Pilot this sucker and as always the new Pilot will be scrutinised more than the previous.
Good luck and God Speed.