PDA

View Full Version : It's not so bad

computer says no
21st Jun 2006, 04:51
Just a casual observation in regards to these forums, why is it that 98% of anything said here is negative, or if it doesn't start that way it soon turns in to it. Honestly, you guys and girls are paid to fly aeroplanes around the sky, yes some are paid more, some less but all it comes down to is that you are PILOTS and you are paid for it.
Just once it would be so nice to get on here and hear something positive. Yes I like working for this operator, yes this flying school gives excellent training, yes you can hire this aeroplane from here. People don't need to know where they can't get help, if they didn't need your help, they wouldn't come here.
It's not such a difficult thing to get your head around is it? I'm in just as crap a position as so many with no job, a fresh cpl and not much more but you can be sure that you'll never find me on here trying to shut down anybody and everybody who displays some interest in the industry.
Just look around at some of the other jobs and think about what it is that you do. Yes, you've spent alot of money and time on this but would you rather carry bricks around for a living and have an extra $50,000 in your pocket? I think not. :=

OzExpat
21st Jun 2006, 08:07
Without trying to sound negative csn, I doubt that you'll get many responses. We all know the problem and posts such as yours are made fairly often and usually draw the same supportive replies, but the situation never improves. I know the Woomeri try to keep a lid on it but I'm sure they're also torn between letting a negative comment stand in the hope that the topic recovers, and deleting the post (and maybe the poster), and maybe closing the thread.

More power to your typing finger/s, but I think we all just have to live with the negative comments. We all have our own opinions about why such comments are made, so I won't bother to venture my thoughts. I am always greatly saddened when a negative comment sends a really good discussion off the rails.

slamer.
21st Jun 2006, 08:57
Despite the name, dont think these forums (especially D & G) are representative of the professional aviation community.... Many people I work with have dabbled with prune over the years but got fed-up with the vitriol (myself included...... but Im back).

As OE said.... the reasons are as many as the posters, and well documented..... treat it as entertainment and dont take it too seriously :)

jumpuFOKKERjump
21st Jun 2006, 09:18
Something positive eh? Erm... Umm... Y'know, I really like vanilla:)

Is it just a given? I really like being an ATC, but there are things about it that really crap me off. My only forum to bleat about them is here & a similar forum on my union's website. Some things I want to bleat about would not get a good response here:ouch:.

I'm really enjoying my progress toward my PPL, but I haven't flown for a month again. Better pull the finger out. It was my dream to skip from work to the airport and get into it, but experience has shown I am usually too knackered to fly well after work, so I have to burn a day off to go flying instead. Or fly before work, because I can work better than I can fly when knackered:8

olderairhead
21st Jun 2006, 11:43
computer says no

Many years ago I was p!ssed off about the number of negative stories being aired on channel 9 (YMML) (following a couple of prangs) that I rang one of the program producers (a current affair) to express my concerns and tried to convey the opionion that they should show some positive sides to aviation as well. (Chardonnay talks!)

His response was, totally agree that we should show the positives of aviation but "negatives' sell"

PPRune is no different my friend. Either tune in or tune out. It is your choice.

(Must also ask, as your first post is this a wind up?)

OAH :}

Bendo
21st Jun 2006, 13:59
*tap*tap*tap*tap**tap*tap*tap*tap**tap*tap*tap*tap**tap*tap* tap*tap**tap*tap*tap*tap*

....the computer says... no

... *COUGH* :D

OZEX,

re-read your post and then have a long hard look at yourself. Was there one positive word in there for a young CPL? No. Shame on you. ;)

Lord Snot
21st Jun 2006, 18:40
Some people enjoy having a good laugh, posting things they would never say face to face, taking the piss, winding others up, etc, etc... I reckon it's out of boredom or jealousy. Mainly boredom. Me, especially.

Although there is occasionally some good gen to be found herein, be advised: the opinions expressed here on pprune dunnunda often do NOT match those of your average professional pilot.

When mixing with other pilots, ask around as to who admits to being a reader of pprune. out of the minority who say 'yes', ask which ones are pilots with reputations you would aspire to, for yourself.

Deepsea Racing Prawn
22nd Jun 2006, 00:52
Just once it would be so nice to get on here and hear something positive.
Where's the fun in that?
When mixing with other pilots, ask around as to who admits to being a reader of pprune. out of the minority who say 'yes', ask which ones are pilots with reputations you would aspire to, for yourself.
And the rest are in denial.:E
Don't aspire to be anyone but yourself. We are all professional pilots, it's just that some of us need to get out more.:ooh:

OzExpat
22nd Jun 2006, 08:24
Bendo, maaaate!

Was there one positive word in there for a young CPL?
What can I tell you... if I'd ever started doing that, there'd be no end to it and I'd end up missing out on some booze and some sex.

The trade-off was obvious... :}

computer says no
23rd Jun 2006, 05:23
Without contradicting what I have said I do understand what you've all been saying and yes when people get together with only others from their industry of course there's going to be some whinging. It's just when people are looking for some info here and time after time they are shut down. Maybe a wind up, maybe just frustration at their own position but it's not cool to make an interested young or old pilot look like an idiot just for looking for some info.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a laugh and some posts created to stir everyone up are great value (like jetrider444 and his cadet post) but it's pretty obvious when it's genuine and when it's not (or maybe i'm wrong).

Of course everything read here is taken with a grain of salt and despite what i've said there's a lot of info to be found here, if you look hard enough, and that's why i'm here.

And finally, no this was not a wind up.
Bit-ty. No not bitty now, bitty later

Continental-520
23rd Jun 2006, 08:01
...and wee type posts like ladies. Because we are ladies!

520. :p

chuck_norris
23rd Jun 2006, 09:06
Well said CSN.
Yeah I know...!,
I want that one!
:}:ok: