PDA

View Full Version : CX Cadet Programme: Age Limit?

jynt
21st Jun 2006, 01:37
we all know that there is a minimum age requirement of 18 in order to join the cadet programme, but is anyone aware of whether there is a maximum age? has anyone in their 30s ever applied and got accepted into the course? i know age is just a number but i know in certain industries it can work to your disadvantage.

any comments would be much appreciated. thanks.

K3nnyboy
21st Jun 2006, 16:20
cant remember where I heard this from, but i think 35 "was" the unofficial limit even though it's not mention anywhere on their web-site....
However, as I've been saying this for so many times, if you don't try you never know. Just give it a shot man, cos alot of people out there wanted the job, but never get the offer!! :sad:

cheers~

jynt
22nd Jun 2006, 00:08
thanks a lot for the encouragement. i'm turning 29 in september so i was a little worried about my age after seeing some of the CP23 cadets as being really young ones between 18-20. like you've said, if i don't try i'll never know!

richie-rich
22nd Jun 2006, 02:02
jynt
i know a couple of the cadets who are reaching 25ish....and if you are worried that you are old for the course, then blame yourself. 29 isnt old!!!!

all the best and see you in adelaide soon.
Richie

C172Driver
22nd Jun 2006, 07:14
There is a CP24 cadet over the age of 30 and here have been a lot in the past. CP23 have one at 28, so I don't see the problem. There isnt any age discrimination for people around that age.

jynt
22nd Jun 2006, 07:46
fantastic to hear! yeah, i'm getting more and more excited about the interview... even though i'm turning 29 this year i feel that the many things i've experienced in the last ten years of my life have put me at the right place at the right time to have a go at becoming a commercial pilot. sent off the application a couple of days ago so let's see if they'll bite!

richie-rich
22nd Jun 2006, 08:20
all the best jynt
see you in adelaide soon!
Richie