PDA

View Full Version : Let the Crawl Begin

Th Caz_Crawl
20th Jun 2006, 10:04
The 2006 Caz Crawl is on this Saturday the 24th of June. :\ :} :E

Woomera
20th Jun 2006, 10:35
And the Caz Crawl is.....? And it's relevence to aviation is.....?

:confused:

Howard Hughes
20th Jun 2006, 10:37
Woomera oh pleeeease, it's an aviation institution...
Perhaps you should use the search function and revisit some of the previous crawls!!;)

Woomera
20th Jun 2006, 10:56
I've probably been on more aviation related booze crawls than you've had Sunday roast dinners. Most I prefer to forget!! :ugh:

Tried that - nothing comes up on Dunnunda Search. I'm sure there are PPRuNers, including this Woomera, who are not personally familiar with the "Caz Crawl" and require enlightening. :confused:

Perception leads me to suspect it is some primitive heathen procession performed in the Northern Territory at midnight on the winter Solstice?

Jerricho
20th Jun 2006, 15:22
Most I prefer to forget!!

Then you weren't trying hard enough.

Howard Hughes
20th Jun 2006, 18:43
Perception leads me to suspect it is some primitive heathen procession performed in the Northern Territory at midnight on the winter Solstice?
You may very well be right, see here, (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183039&highlight=cas+crawl) here, (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178639&highlight=cas+crawl) and here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48752&highlight=cas+crawl)
Looks like the last one was a particulary good night!;)

Cheers, Team HH.:ok:

Woomera
20th Jun 2006, 21:49
Ahhhhh!!! I see - the Casuarina Crawl! :\ No wonder Search could not locate "Caz".

Casuarina - you're advertising a Flower Festival?

How nice! :sad:

Sunny Woomera

tinpis
20th Jun 2006, 22:25
The NT govenrment is pushing thru legislation to prevent the great unwashed from boozing in a public place.
The Nightcliff foreshore is one place that will be exempt from the restrictions
You will probably have a lot of company this crawl.....:uhoh:

Riddick
20th Jun 2006, 22:49
HI all
As a person who was there for the very first 2 Casuarina crawls I can vouch that it was an experience that I will never forget, and still talk about to this day.

The first was gigantic and as we followed a ute full of beer with leaders in hard hats and flouro jackets we spread out like sheep over two residential blocks. My favourite event was the boat races, and we would have won if it wasnt for one K###xy cheating. To top the night off, the police rocked up in there divvy van and it was then mobbed as patrons tried to see how many people fit in the back of a divvy van. After decoratoring the cop car with VB stickers the police made a hasty retreat and left us alone for the night. My guess there were over 100 people there drifting over 5 stops of botique beer.

With my second event my memory is a little hazy but the night was just as good. There was the race of the flaming ar5e wholes, where one person disappeared for the night. One keg went flying out of a window of a 4wd as they took the corner, and finally there was the record amount of police cars and motorbikes showing up. Over all a great night.

So all you young starters looking to network this is a prime time place to meet and greet. I hope the night is a great success, have fun.

Riddick:) :)

Th Caz_Crawl
21st Jun 2006, 08:34
HI all
As a person who was there for the very first 2 Casuarina crawls I can vouch that it was an experience that I will never forget, and still talk about to this day.

The first was gigantic and as we followed a ute full of beer with leaders in hard hats and flouro jackets we spread out like sheep over two residential blocks. My favourite event was the boat races, and we would have won if it wasnt for one K###xy cheating. To top the night off, the police rocked up in there divvy van and it was then mobbed as patrons tried to see how many people fit in the back of a divvy van. After decoratoring the cop car with VB stickers the police made a hasty retreat and left us alone for the night. My guess there were over 100 people there drifting over 5 stops of botique beer.

With my second event my memory is a little hazy but the night was just as good. There was the race of the flaming ar5e wholes, where one person disappeared for the night. One keg went flying out of a window of a 4wd as they took the corner, and finally there was the record amount of police cars and motorbikes showing up. Over all a great night.

So all you young starters looking to network this is a prime time place to meet and greet. I hope the night is a great success, have fun.

Riddick:) :)

The First was in 1997. The Airnorth ute was never seen at a Caz Crawl again. The Crawl you mentioned as your first sounds like about 99.

Hopefully Singing in the Rain will make a long awaited return.

Th Caz_Crawl
21st Jun 2006, 08:43
And the Caz Crawl is.....? And it's relevence to aviation is.....?

:confused: The search engined worked fine for me

AustinPowers
22nd Jun 2006, 06:51
Goodo....

Who and where may the tickets shall be purchased ??!!

Cheero in advance

Austin

tinpis
1st Jul 2006, 09:42
Geezaz hope you are all takin care with the bloody fireworks wat a farkin racket?

Did anyone go to Bogansville V8 supercars today?

Tin is locked inside the whole town will be pissed and ugly ternight.:uhoh:

I reckon it must equal anywhere in OZ fer $$$$$$ pissed up against a wall in one weekend.:ok:

The Voice
2nd Jul 2006, 00:08
Oh I completely forgot about what fun cracker (aka Territory Day) night was :hmm: howling dogs, domestic 'discussions', miles and miles of used cracker rubbish, and the serenading of sirens for hours and hours ... yay :oh: In the other hand, I hear there were a few who turned up for the 'crawl ...